Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Looking for a fight (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33967)

tweetytunes 09-04-2010 12:03 PM

Looking for a fight

I`m ichting to make a character and thought it would be cool to take someone on for this.

I`m open to any type of character/theme but want full body.

Thinking 1 month - just model, no UV`s or textures need for challenge - but will carry it on after wards for profile.

Would like a straight Maya fight but not ruling out Mud-box or Z-brush.

Anyone up for it - or any challenge ideas.

Mayaniac 09-04-2010 05:40 PM

I'd be up for doing a char. Would be a nice excuse to get off my backside.

But it would have to include ZB. As I'd want it for the portfolio once it was done... if it turn out well.

I have a few ideas for characters floating around in my head.

1) A character/creature inspired my Silent Hill. Lots of gore, muties, steel, large weapons, generally awesome stuff... I have an idea for a char for this already.

2) A Fantasy Style Character. Again, I have an idea for a minotaur style critter in battle armor... plus funky old weapons.

Let me know what you think.

tweetytunes 09-04-2010 08:28 PM

Oh yes

I love both ideas but would have to say number 2. With silent hill I just have pointy head stuck there and can`t move on from him.

I like the second one more because of "God of War" playing and "Clash of Titans" watching lately.

So I think for the challenge

"Character and Weapon/Armour" - Modelling only needed - Any Software - One Month Time limit.

Only question I think we need to answer is - Do we keep it open or lock it down to a period like Greek Mythology?

Or any other rules you want

Mayaniac 09-04-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tweetytunes
[B
So I think for the challenge

"Character and Weapon/Armour" - Modelling only needed - Any Software - One Month Time limit.

Only question I think we need to answer is - Do we keep it open or lock it down to a period like Greek Mythology?

Or any other rules you want [/B]
Yeah, I like this. I don't want to lock it down to a certain era. The idea I had would have some pretty funky armor, and wouldn't really conform to any real era.

So, I think:

"Character/Critter and Weapon/Armour" - Modelling only needed - Any Software - One Month Time limit.

and leave it at that. Makes it very open that way.

If you agree, I guess we can create our threads in here. Or do we share a thread?

Also, Are you waiting to see if anyone else wants to jump in?

tweetytunes 09-04-2010 09:57 PM

Yer sounds like a plan.

Create our own threads here.

Anyone can join in if they want, I don`t have a problem with that.

Lets say we Start 19:00 Sunday 11th April 2010 and end 19:00 Sunday 9th May 2010. (Just before I move house - perfect timing)

Gives us a few hours to get reference draw up some ideas before start

Name for challenge = "Stand Guard"
Challenge = Model a Character/Critter and his/her/its Weapon/Armour set in a fantasy world.
Time Limit = One Month - Start 19:00 Sunday 11th April 2010 and End 19:00 Sunday 9th May 2010
Software Limit = None.

Sound cool ?

Mayaniac 09-04-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tweetytunes
Yer sounds like a plan.

Create our own threads here.

Anyone can join in if they want, I don`t have a problem with that.

Lets say we Start 19:00 Sunday 11th April 2010 and end 19:00 Sunday 9th May 2010. (Just before I move house - perfect timing)

Gives us a few hours to get reference draw up some ideas before start

Name for challenge = "Stand Guard"
Challenge = Model a Character/Critter and his/her/its Weapon/Armour set in a fantasy world.
Time Limit = One Month - Start 19:00 Sunday 11th April 2010 and End 19:00 Sunday 9th May 2010
Software Limit = None.

Sound cool ?

Perfect!

murambi 14-04-2010 01:03 PM

hey guys just got some time and although im 4 days late i'm definately in