Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Building R2 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21777)

Mark Rodgers 31-05-2006 06:14 PM

Building R2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, first of all I would like to say that I have been following your Jedi StarFighter tutorial and I have to say it has been one of the most important tutorials I have ever seen.

I thought of building a more complex R2 Unit for the StarFighter and I would like to know your opinion on how it's getting on.

I have mostly finished the modelling part of the unit, but still it will be retouched later on to correct some bits and pieces. Please bare in mind that the front part of R2 will be textured in future with some bumpMap and some Displacement maps to create the pattern that this robot has where the blue stripes and other creases are.

well, there you have it, hope to hear your opinion:
excuse my english errors :)

Mark Rodgers 31-05-2006 06:17 PM

SecondView

1 Attachment(s)
Here goes a second shot

gster123 01-06-2006 12:56 PM

Looks pretty good so far,

You might want to move the thread to the WIP thread as you will get more feedback from the peeps there.

Jay 02-06-2006 05:18 PM

Moved your thread...

Good start on R2

Jay

marlonjohn 30-08-2006 02:29 PM

ahaha looks like the one in the movie ;)

Mark Rodgers 01-09-2006 09:01 AM

I'm affraid that I have left this proyect behind for some time because I am working on another one wich I will be posting soon, hope I get back to this one soon :)

cheers

SpaceGoat 01-09-2006 09:39 PM

Hey looking good and would like to see this finished some time :) where abouts is this great Jedi Starfighter tutorial you talked about btw? ;)

Lt Jim 02-09-2006 04:43 AM

I definitely like it! Keep us posted! BTW is he poly, NURBS, or sub-d? If he's poly, I like the bevelling you did!

THX1138 03-09-2006 02:18 PM

Looking good! We need more starwars models in the download section.:beer:

Xander-0 03-09-2006 03:24 PM

I don't know about in episode 3, but in episode 1 the r2 units are kinda supposed to scrunch up a little inside their sockets ( in the naboo starfighters), and the heads telescope up (leastways, that's what the cutaway book about all the ships shows them doing). Are the R2 units in episode 3 like that too? just curious.

Mark Rodgers 04-09-2006 01:16 AM

Hi! I am glad you guys like the model, the jedi starfighter tutorial I referred before is the one that Kurt has in his downloads, which I have to say its great :bow:

This model is not intended to be exactly the same as the one in the film, mostly because I havn't set up image planes for R2. I am just looking through different pictures I see on the web.

Hope I finish this model later, now I am occupied creating kind of an Alien :alien:

cheers :p