Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   GALLERY RULES -- PLEASE READ (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3437)

dannyngan 23-01-2003 10:41 PM

GALLERY RULES -- PLEASE READ

Alright, the rules are very simple.

If you want to submit a piece to the Simply Maya gallery, you must post the image for review here in the Finished Work forum. Be sure to include "Gallery Submission" or "Good Enough for the Gallery" or something similar in the subject/description. Three (3) moderators must sign off on it in order for it to be posted in the gallery.

Only finished work will be considered for the gallery. Do not post works in progress here. They belong in the WIP forum.

Contact the forum mods or the admins if you have any questions.

M 24-01-2003 03:28 AM

Oops, could i of been the one who pushed this message enough to get on the message board? Sorry guys.. i disobeyed all those rules just yesterday... wont happen again.

dannyngan 24-01-2003 03:29 AM

No worries. These are new rules, so it'll take time for people to adjust. I won't get angry just yet. ;)

twisteddragon33 01-04-2003 10:48 PM

are we allowed to post non maya work too? or only maya? And is it allowed to be edited in Paint Shop Pro or adobe photoshop?

dannyngan 04-04-2003 06:50 AM

You must use Maya to create part of the work. Other than that, it's fair game.

Lucid Ninja 27-10-2003 01:59 AM

opps

I guess I goofed too. sorry.
Maybe I should just attach a pic to a post and get some general opinions ?
I'm pretty new to all of this kind of stuff.
May be in a year I will go for the gallery.
I was just looking for a little feed back on my fist attempt.
This site is great motivation
I'll be around.Thanks
javascript:smilie(':D')

AlphaJoe 14-11-2003 04:11 AM

I have a question

I have a question...

I have a 10 second animation I did in Maya as a school project that I am pretty proud of. It is in QT format, but is 4 megs...would something that size be allowed? I would post a link to an external site, but, alas, I don't currently have a server that I can put it on right now.

DrRobotnik 28-03-2004 12:36 AM

Just an idea

I'm new to simplymaya so I im not quite sure I should comment but it would be cool to see a thumbnailed animation gallery that links to peoples demo reels and such like on their own webspace.

ransick 26-06-2004 05:13 PM

hey...by now your not so new anymore robotnik :) we found sm around the same time..that's cool :)

just to comment on your post now...I would agree about the linkpage for demo reels...nice idea...but on the otherhand....now I've bin around at sm for a while I've seen so many people with crapy 3d renders who think that they made a masterpeace...that IF....sm would open a linkpage that they would be overloaded with crap demoreels anyways....

I don't think they should be busy with that....I think the main purpose of sm is to get 3d hobbists together to learn from eachother in the first place and to give some peace of help and tips & trics (with the tuts) from the more advanced 3d artists...

I think they should not loose those 2 important priorities by opening a 3rd less important thing...
let's keep sm strong as it's keep gettin' stronger everyday :)

well...shared my view of things....you probably know by know how things run so it isn't totally fair to negative you prev post...
GreetZZz RaNSIcK

marwan58 05-01-2006 11:49 PM

Umm I'm very sorry i didnt know i had to have "the good enough" thing done I posted imediatly but it was finished work. I'm very sorry how do I get It so I dont repeat the mistake again ??

marwan58 05-01-2006 11:52 PM

forget that last message i misunderstood at first.

yadorain 07-05-2006 05:26 AM

i am reading!:blush:

MattTheMan 15-05-2006 06:02 PM

when is the Gallery coming back?

tangyichao 14-06-2006 06:53 AM

yet,i don't used maya,so i am not!!!!!
but i will study for you!!!!!

lesenfantterribles 04-07-2009 12:37 PM

Airbus A380 takes to the skies

This is an image from a short fake animated commercial I made for the new super jumbo, the Airbus A380.
The animation was put together using Maya, Photoshop and After Effects.
Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for looking!