Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   To imax or not to imax Matrix? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8782)

dragonfx 05-11-2003 03:16 PM

To imax or not to imax Matrix?

Soo... will you spend 3€+ and wait the long cue to get the tiket to see Matrix on imax ... or you will see it on whatever you find tikets asap?

Pd: im gonna see it on imax on next monday so i dont want to hear about the end...(it must be open and not much conclusive tough, as they plan to keep pulling money from the cow on the form of videogames and comics...)

[icarus_uk] 05-11-2003 03:59 PM

I'll see it at the local, Im not really looking forward to it like I was the second, but I need closure on the whole story.

Nataliia 05-11-2003 04:10 PM

There's no option for "not if they dragged me, kicking and screaming" :(

adldesigner 05-11-2003 04:42 PM

Imax? .. oh right ... big screen .. d*mn ... not one of those in Vzla .. Premium it is then. :cool:

Witchy 05-11-2003 04:51 PM

As Nat says where's the option for 'I'd rather die'?

[icarus_uk] 05-11-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

There's no option for "not if they dragged me, kicking and screaming"
LoL, there is a list of things that would have made Matrix 2 better, one of which was a time machine to go back in time to tell yourself not to go and see it. :D

3djoe 05-11-2003 05:52 PM

I was very disappionted with the second matrix and the third will probably be worse.:p

dragonfx 05-11-2003 05:57 PM

Oh, c´mon Nat, u know this is like the HolyTrilogy(starwars) you know youll end seeing em all wether you like it or not...:)

Since i expect it to be shit on argument and moderately cool on effects... ill see it on Imax... so that i can then criticise the effects better after :) (if theres any error is impossible for you to not spot it so big and so close to the screen:)

(To any Mod: if you look this give the lady what she wants and alter the poll to show the: "In normal conditions i would only go with a gun pointing at me...."option :))

Witchy 05-11-2003 06:38 PM

>>Oh, c´mon Nat, u know this is like the HolyTrilogy(starwars) you know youll end seeing em all wether you like it or not...

You know I wouldn't put money on that if I were you lol.

dragonfx 05-11-2003 07:31 PM

Hehe... Witchy... youll see it as a satuday evening tv movie eventually. It is a fact... as the sky is blue, you will end watching this movie eventually :D (and same goes for LOTR III)
And im willing to bet whatever you want with you (it will be a lifetime bet... or until you see it... and as i have a higher life expectancy than you...:D it doesnt matters if you can pull the effort of not seeing it... :D)

Nataliia 05-11-2003 07:57 PM

dragonfx, I despised the new Star Wars movies (episodes 1 & 2), and unless under threat of death will wait until they hit SciFi to see #3. I've not seen the Matrix 2, nor am I holding my breath to do so. I will not pay $8.50 to see it in the theatre and that you can bet on. Trust me, not everyone has the same taste in movies as you and would rather be stoned (and I don't mean drugs) than go see any more Matrix movies.

Witchy 05-11-2003 08:05 PM

You can bet if you want, I won't be watching it. My bet actually referred to Nat watching it - if she says she's going to not do something I think you'll find she won't do it.

As Nat says not everyone has the same taste in movies and I certainly have no interest in seeing this one - I have better things to do with my time. If you don't have better things to do with your money feel free to hand it over. :) If you like this movie then that's super, but not everyone feels a pull to watch these sort of films however much they are hyped. I haven't seen the second of the new Star Wars movies because the first was so utterly dreadful, and I hope I never do.

Do I have a lower life expectancy than you because I don't want to waste my time and money watching a badly made, pompously scripted, philisophically hollow, pseudo belief substitute for people with no beliefs, appallingly acted crap fest, or is there some other reason I missed?

dragonfx 05-11-2003 09:56 PM

Well, I CERTAINLY(93.30%) KNOW I WONT LIKE IT :D (at least on the story level)... yet im 100% sure ill be seeing the most hyped movie of all time on the most hyped and exagerated media that non-digital-celluloid can offer... its one of those funny contradictions...

Here normal cinema costs 5.5/6€, Imax costs 10€... A drink on a nightclub is on the 6 to 10€ range... so ill stick with beer to compensate :D

The second new SW movie was better than the frist(and the holy trilogy is the frist one, not this money puller:)... Im looking forward to Anakin loosing its hand and going bad, tough:D...)
On cinema im pretty much omnivorous so i enjoy almost any range of it... Blockbusters are as good as cineverité or Dogma to me...you can enjoy and learn from both...

And you wont tell me that both of you wont see Matrix3 6 months later(and then every 3 monts mor or less in one channel or another...) when you just are zapping tv and stumble over it...

PD.Witchy: No!. Oh!, you PickyOne:D... You have lower life expentancy because youre well over thirties and im on my early twenties...:D (and it was a joke, ;)you dinosaur;):D just in case you didnt caught it...) Life expectancy in half of the world doesnt have nothing to do with opinions...

As you can read on my title im eclectic and nihilist (and atheist) and proud of it, I dont have the need to have pseuso beliefs, i have zero faith and only believe what has a reasonable probability of being true (subtle "matiz"(hue?) here)...
I would like to be able to say i apply the scientifc method on my beliefs(but i cant do so...yet i try to use Reason on all my acts)
(time ago a gal left me: "why?" "cause youre so... so... reasonable!..." (yes, she said reasonabe, not rational) Heh, at the moment she said she was confused... when she knew exacly how i were going to feel for the next 5 min of conversation!, minute to minute, word after word...).... (hey DarkW how youre going?:))

Kevin 05-11-2003 10:31 PM

I wont even waste my time in watching the 3rd at all. If its anything like number 2 then I think I would rather cut the grass.

[icarus_uk] 05-11-2003 10:33 PM

I quite like cutting the grass.