Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Back View?/Camera Question (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4072)

M 19-02-2003 01:29 AM

Back View?/Camera Question

Hey, I was just wondering.. is there such thing as a "back viewport", or a way to make the front viewport actually look from the back, without having to move my model. Thnx.

Another thing i was wondering, is there any way to take a nurbs circle or something, and then attatch a camera onto it, and tell it to do 360 degree rotation so that i can get circular rotational movies of my models? Yea, may seem that i know how to do this.. just thats how you do it in max, how do you do it in maya :P... if anyone can guide me on this it would be great, i dont know much about animation

undseth 19-02-2003 01:36 AM

I think you have to make a new camera and set it in the opposite of your front viewport, and save the settings somehow. I'm not sure how, I just got used to not having a default back viewport :)

M 19-02-2003 01:40 AM

Wow, fast responce.. thanks for that undseth! As for the back viewport, i dont think i really really need it, it just would of helped to a certain degree. Now i just need to figure out how to do that rotating thing :P.

I-Iybrid 19-02-2003 01:48 AM

Wouldnt you just rotate the camera itself? If not, Im pretty sure if you group the object and the camera, or parent the camera to the object and it should work.

M 19-02-2003 01:56 AM

Oh, i will be more clear.. heheh. I need a "rendered" movie of my models to show people in the future just for fun. So that i can get a rotating gif file, or image to show people. I will look up how to parent a object to another object and see if i can figure this out :).

I-Iybrid 19-02-2003 02:10 AM

OK, I know what your doing now. Just creat a camera and aim. Put the aim at the center of the model, and keyframe the camera rotating around the model. Oh, and dont forget to set the camera at the proper height. :)

doodle 19-02-2003 01:33 PM

Heres how you do it:

Go to the viewpoint you want to change, then go to View > Predefined Bookmarks > Back

You can also swhich from Right/Left...etc

Gekko 19-02-2003 01:46 PM

You can just create a NURBS circle and attach the camera to it. Create the circle, edit it if you want and goto HOTBOX-Animation-MotionPaths-Attach to Path.Make sure you select the camera first and then the curve.If you goto the option box you can edit how long it will take to rotate a full 360 amongst other stuff.

M 19-02-2003 04:16 PM

Ah wow, lots of responces, thanks guys! This answered both of my questions so thanks again.

M 20-02-2003 12:56 AM

eh, ok i give up. I can make the nurbs circle and the camera with the aim pointing to the middle of my object, just it wont let me attatch it. And i did select the camera first, then the circle. It says this error, "Camera 1.RotateX already has a input connection". What am i doing wrong? thnx