Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Jay_Outlaws Tales WiP thread (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33390)

ctbram 08-12-2009 01:19 AM

Since his nose is on his forehead maybe his chin is where his testicles reside. Kinda like Peter Griffin from the family guy.

Sorry I could not resist!

It is looking really good Jay!

Gen 08-12-2009 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ctbram
Since his nose is on his forehead maybe his chin is where his testicles reside. Kinda like Peter Griffin from the family guy.

Sorry I could not resist!

It is looking really good Jay!

Haha you're bad :p . I'm also curious about those bumps across his forehead

Jay 08-12-2009 09:13 AM

Cool Gen, I have a mesh thats viewable in the topology section as well if you want to see more edgelooping on a more normal looking character. The bumps on the forehead are well....just bumps, part of his character, he's an alien so anything goes really.

LOL he's a ballchinean species like that dude from Men in Black ;)

cheers
Jay

Jay 08-12-2009 09:23 AM

Gen

I've added you as a link on my sketch blog

cheers
Jay

Gen 08-12-2009 10:12 AM

Kewl, I'll just make a couple edits. :beer:

Jay 29-12-2009 02:47 PM

Update!! Thank goodness for the holidays!! I actually get a chance to do my own stuff. Just blocking out in ZB. Yes its blue too, just like avatar MEH!!

Nextdesign may recall I did a blue character skinny character with big yellow eyes a few years back.....suspicion!!!

anyway this is a new design and hopefully more convincing version of that character

cheers
Jay

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4836/bf04.jpg

G-Man 30-12-2009 12:23 AM

Well jay....Need i say brother that it looks very good?

We'll wait till you texture it and i'll see if i can find a seam for you ..LoL

G-man

Some Guy 30-12-2009 07:10 AM

Awesome character, but my god that chin sack thing is disturbing!

Chirone 30-12-2009 08:04 AM

awesome! a character with a scrotum for a chin!

distrubing chin requires a disturbing comment

:beer:

ben hobden 30-12-2009 10:57 AM

hi jay. are you planning on animating this character at some point ? i see how much time you have spent preparing the base mesh in maya...

G-Man 30-12-2009 04:53 PM

LmAo!...i'd forgotten all about this movie till like twenty seconds ago
Men In Black II where will smith gets to adlib the name of the alien that Tommy lee Jones punches in the chin at the post office i think it was.

" K its a Nutfacebug"...."K its a upscrotan".....
then he comes up wiht the name that they use...

"K its a ball Chinian!"

Jay...you sould call this character a ballchinian!!!!!

that my two cents..
G-man

Jay 31-12-2009 04:51 PM

LOL cool, thanks guys, this character will be for comedy value anyway.

BenHobden:

Sorry mate no animation, though he will be rigged the same way. Its for my online graphic novel, Outlaws Tales (see link at the bottom)

LOZ:

LOL, yeah I said something similar early on in the thread...cool

update soon

Jay

G-Man 31-12-2009 06:05 PM

Ahh, I've been caught...
Caught not reading the thread, just looking at the pretty pictures..>.<
I have an excuse though, I'm all doped up on hydrocodone A.T.M. ....got 2 kidney stones..Yay Me!
Forgiveness please?

G-man

Jay 31-12-2009 06:12 PM

2 stones!! Damn dude, thats not good....excuse accepted

Jay

ben hobden 31-12-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jay

BenHobden:

Sorry mate no animation, though he will be rigged the same way. Its for my online graphic novel, Outlaws Tales (see link at the bottom)

Jay

I was interested because ive been reading more recently about the zbrush/maya workflow. I got given a zbrush book for christmas which has a section on the pros and cons of working from a low-res/high-res mesh in zbrush. How some people prefer the 'arty' way of doing most work in zbrush on a low res mesh, and how other people who are more confident with hard-surface modelling prefer to work further in maya or whatever 3d package before going to z.

Also i guess it makes for a smoother process if you are going to create a normal or displacement map. Without going even further into it and getting into retopology and everything, I just wondered what your views were, if any of these factors have been in your considerations...

For what I know it looks nice, i think the effort you have put in in Maya first has given a really solid foundation.