Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   maya texturing+photoshop (need help) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30571)

dubai3d 01-08-2008 08:52 PM

maya texturing+photoshop (need help)

1 Attachment(s)
hi you,

need bit help to find out how can I make this texture in photo shop , it is very silly question, but sometime silly questions help me and others as well. it is basic photoshop

this has been made with CorelDraw (dont have experience)
drawing the reticle lines
now how can I create this reticle line in photo shop ?
I know you know that, so can you share your brain with me please,

look at the image and say something please,
any link or tutorials from photoshop?
love read the tutorials with cup of coffee,

happymat27 01-08-2008 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

if you can't see the line tool in your photoshop tool box, right click on the shape icon and a sub-menu will appear then select Line Tool. In the attached image, I've highlighted the relevant menu items.

Once you've got the line tool selected it's case of left click and drag on the canvas to make a line. The line attributes, weight, colour etc. are at the top of the screen.

hope that helps,

Mat :)

dubai3d 02-08-2008 12:21 PM

thanks man . I know this line. what about corner of rectangles?
need create smooth corner as well. this line are just stright.
I try with shape , doesnt work really , more idee?

Chirone 02-08-2008 01:42 PM

i haven't used those tools that happymat27 shows in that picture, but it looks like there is that rounded rectangle

try that

if that doesn't do what you want then try using the pen tool

mirek03 02-08-2008 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
might try

create your square

mirek03 02-08-2008 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
while the rectangle tool is selected you will see, refine edges.., red lines

press that and play about.., i just found out now.., so if you mess about with this.., you will find out too :)

dubai3d 03-08-2008 10:49 AM

thanks guys, but you guys still didn't get my point, I am not looking for square shape, i am looking for square line, only the lines not the shape, I try that before, but what about yellow color? yes it is right, just with paint bucket, than how do I keep the line?

thanks a lot guys, it looks very simple and silly question, but I am using this tool a lot, so i need find out what is the best way,

any more smart guys around here, please remember we talk about line not shapes.

thanks guys, waiting for respond

mirek03 03-08-2008 10:52 AM

from the yellow pic.., do a copy and paste.., you can transform scale as needed. (help files do help :) )

dubai3d 03-08-2008 11:55 AM

doesn't work and it is too long to create simple line.

Chirone 03-08-2008 01:58 PM

eeeeh?

i don't understand your question now

first you were asking about how to draw lines which happymat27 told you where the tool was

then you ask about how to draw rounded rectangles which both me and merik03 told you (two different ways as well)

if you're not after rounded rectangles or lines then what...?

you know when you draw a line it gets put onto a new layer right? you know you can merge layers too right? short cut key is Shift+Ctrl+E
i don't see any faster way of drawing a line other than drawing a line... click the start point, dragging the cursor (sometimes holding down shift to keep the line in a fixed angle) and letting go
how can you get any faster than that?

to copy and paste you just use Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v, or if you're using mac i think its the stupid symbol + c and stupid symbol + v

and whatever you paste will be put onto a new layer
Ctrl+T to transform, if when you hit the short-cut key for the move tool or click the move tool the "Show Transform Controls" is not checked
then push ctrl+e to merge the layer down (or ctrl+shift+e to merge all visible layers)

how much experience do you have with photoshop? you know about the tools and layers right?

sorry if i sound rude in this post... i dont mean to

dubai3d 03-08-2008 03:47 PM

I said rounded rectangles line not shape, you explain the shape for me, I said thanks but i am looking for line not shape, please look at the image, there is alot of line not shape, (looks like shape but they are lines)

thanks for your help

Chirone 03-08-2008 03:49 PM

right

use the pen tool

its the only way i can think of to get you round lines.

to clarify, the pen tool will create points like the EP and CV curve tool in Maya (i forget which one its more like), they will have anchors which you can move around and you can make a rounded line with that.

if you were already using the pen tool then i dont think i can offer any faster way of doing it. remember if you hold down shift and push a shortcut key for a tool it will get the next tool that's assigned to that shortcut. At least i think it's shift...

anyway, you could copy paste the rounded rectangle lines and just erase what you dont need, but that's probably more effort than the pen tool

dubai3d 03-08-2008 04:18 PM

thanks for your help, I try your way, it is great and helps a lot, still I am looking for easy way to draw this line, thanks again and again, you are very helpful guy. and i am sorry that I stress you out about this question, but you know if you working with Maya and texturing, any help is useful,

Chirone 03-08-2008 04:20 PM

all good :nod:

dubai3d 03-08-2008 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
no problemo