Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Newbie here... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24066)

iamnoangel 04-12-2006 01:48 AM

Newbie here...

hello everyone... I just want to ask... what are the limit of maya... Or let say what can you do using maya? Can you create your own anime? It;s just for me to get fired up learining this... :p hehehe

Therverian 04-12-2006 02:06 AM

well, put it to you this way:

It is "the industry standard" in 3D Modeling and Animation....

Guess you can make your own conclusions from there.

mr pix. 04-12-2006 02:07 AM

Sky's the limit with Maya my friend.

There are also so many plugins and scripts that let you make an unbelievable world!

If you have a good rendering plugin and good graphics output, you'll be amazed.

Even with the standards its very cool.

check out

www.learningmaya.com

iamnoangel 04-12-2006 11:59 AM

Wow... That's really something... I think I want to start right now... Ummm but I don't know where... Can you give me a link for the basics of Maya??? Thanks... And I more... Can a student like me can learn this by self studying???

iamnoangel 04-12-2006 12:12 PM

Oh by the way... what are the plugins and scripts that you where talking mr pix??? thanks

mr pix. 04-12-2006 01:22 PM

No pbllm

You can certainly learn self taught,..i did. I wanted to go college and all that but didnt have the finances, so i thought 'hell' i'll teach myself.

Anything you want to know, ask, im happy to help. Or better still come here.

For scripting, you really should learn the basics first before you starting learning MEL language. But here is a link anyway.

www.Highend3Dcom is an awesome site. It has scripts, plugins and allsorts of downloads.

One of the best places to go for tutorials is www.leanringmaya.com. It has links to just about anything you need.

Last but not least, check out my site www.pixalbeat.com

Something i did, to help other noobs like myself. Understanding Maya is quite difficult, so i tried to post noob tutorials.

any other Q's feel free to email me on pixalbeat_info@btinternet.com

:beer:

iamnoangel 04-12-2006 01:30 PM

Whoa... Looks like I found my sensei... hehehe thanks a lot...:p

mr pix. 04-12-2006 02:09 PM

hehe anytime

iamnoangel 04-12-2006 08:58 PM

Um mr pix there something wrong with my maya... The portion where you can find rotate x, y, z is missing... how can i return that??? And also i find a guide on how to make a golf club... But it uses maya 7 mine is only 6. Can I still follow that guide??? Or there are huge difference?

gster123 04-12-2006 09:04 PM

The modeling tools in maya 6 to 7 are pretty much the same so theres really no differences there at all.

iamnoangel 04-12-2006 09:06 PM

hey thanks... but how can i return the panel where you can see rotate x, y, and z... it is missing in my maya thanks..

enhzflep 04-12-2006 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Without seeing what your screen looks like, I can only guess. Does the panel still say persp at the bottom, or does it say something else like top, side, front?

If it no longer says pesp, you may find this will help you
iamnoangel.

Simon..

gster123 04-12-2006 10:44 PM

Yeah not really sure what your porblem is, could you post a picture of the problem?

Could be what enhzflep said and it's just going to the persp window.

mr pix. 04-12-2006 10:55 PM

for the rotate thing, if you mean in your work view, press + a few times.

However if you mean the control panel tyr this;

Display > UI Elements > Status Line

:beer:

mr pix. 04-12-2006 10:56 PM

And yes the golf club tutorial will work on maya 6 too.