Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What new tutorial would you like to see ? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26395)

Tubby 29-05-2007 03:01 PM

What new tutorial would you like to see ?

Any other ideas for Tutorials ? Post your ideas here.

Thomps 29-05-2007 03:30 PM

i would realy like to see an entire seen set up and rendered in layers, something like a star wars space battle, setting up the background, animating background ships, foreground ships flying, or a dog fight like in top gun, how to set up the enviroment background, animating the camera to fly with the planes.
theres alot of tutorials on how to model individual things, like characters and cars, but not what to do with them.
im sure theres alot of people out who would also like to see this.

IJke 29-05-2007 03:57 PM

Maybe not that interesting for most of you, but I would really like to see a tutorial about a nineteenth century train, such as this one. You could do the modeling, texturing and animation (wheels, smoke) of the locomotive as well as modeling a nice wagon.

http://www.trains.com/ctr/objects/im...american_2.gif

This would be a nice break from the cars you see everywhere, but still use maya-techniques that you could use in every project.

Kurt 29-05-2007 04:38 PM

I'll be all over disney and pixar look =) muhahah

papalatistudios 29-05-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Thomps
i would realy like to see an entire seen set up and rendered in layers, something like a star wars space battle, setting up the background, animating background ships, foreground ships flying, or a dog fight like in top gun, how to set up the enviroment background, animating the camera to fly with the planes.
theres alot of tutorials on how to model individual things, like characters and cars, but not what to do with them.
im sure theres alot of people out who would also like to see this.

In most cases it would take teams of artist. Modelers, Texture Artist, Environment Artist, Technical Artist, and so on, to do something like that. Unless you're Kurt, than you can do it all! :)

In all seriousness, to do simple ships flying in the background you could easily setup an animated path and align a ship like that and then write an expression so that the ship could spiral every 15 frames or so to simulat evasiveness.

That is just an example. That type of tutorial would definitely be for a series of some sort.

The train idea isnt bad. Would definitely give a sense of diversity.

All ideas are definitely welcome. :beer:

pbman 29-05-2007 08:17 PM

i would like to see some next gen high poly organic modelling
maybe including the use of Mudbox too (or zbrush but thats a debate for another time)

sort of taking the ninja to the next level
going over all the concepts on good workflow and sculpting techinques

however i do realise that this would be quite an indepth tut and a lot of work on the tutors part

Kurt 29-05-2007 08:26 PM

Im learning Z brush imn my spare time atm as well which once im confortable with will open up a lot of new tuts...

mmoore5553 29-05-2007 10:36 PM

i personally like the train pic above ..but I am more realistic type of anything ...even creatures ..like the hippo ..i loved that one

30-05-2007 02:06 AM

i think itd be cool to do a three legged creature modeling and rigging tut:beer: but i voted for the pixar style character:p

papalatistudios 30-05-2007 06:57 PM

up

Rhetoric Camel 30-05-2007 08:15 PM

I'd also like to see other animal tutorials, but also liked the pixar style character idea, so I picked that.

papalatistudios 31-05-2007 05:20 PM

Up Up and Away

vladimirjp 31-05-2007 05:38 PM

looks like its hard surface modeling.

the people have chosen :p

papalatistudios 31-05-2007 06:00 PM

Its only been 2 days. And this will be up for one week. So lets see if we dont get some more people coming on here to vote.

papalatistudios 02-06-2007 02:17 PM

/\
||