Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   refplanes.mel (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34200)

jsprogg 28-06-2010 06:52 PM

refplanes.mel

Hi has anyone managed to get Kari's refplanes mel script to work in Maya 2011 ?
it's fine in previous versions but now i cant seem to get it to recognize any image files .

NextDesign 29-06-2010 01:17 AM

What's the error? I could fix it up for you.

jsprogg 29-06-2010 02:40 AM

the first thing is that it gives a warning that -la/labelAlign flag is obsolete and should not be used.

other than that if i browse for an image to place in the top / side / front ect the image files dont show up in the browser yet they do if i want to add the image to a file texture node.

TriplePAF 23-07-2010 10:03 PM

I have the same issue with Maya 2011. I just can't select a file. The script editor is showing following errors:

// Warning: The -lw/-labelWidth flag is obsolete and should not be used. //
// Warning: The -la/-labelAlign flag is obsolete and should not be used. //
fileDialog2 -fm 1 -ds 2 -dir "/Users/Peter/Documents/maya/projects/" -ff "Filtered Files (Apache)";

My project map is called Apache ("Filtered Files (Apache)";) !?

If I open a file just with the Maya file | import dialog the script editor is displaying the following line:

fileDialog2 -fm 1 -ds 2 -dir "/Users/Peter/Documents/maya/projects/Apache/" -ff "Filtered Files (*.*)";

Now it states *.*

I'm somewhat disappointed. The tutorial says Maya 6 and up
:confused:

Peter.

TriplePAF 23-07-2010 10:22 PM

I got a little bit further

If I browse to the directory where my Images are standing and I type the exact name with extension inside the open dialog box then it creates the plane and I also got an extra warning:

// Result: /Users/Peter/Documents/maya/projects/Apache/sourceimages/lChassisReference.jpg //
// Warning: The -tx/texture flag is obsolete and will be removed in the next release. The -cuv/createUVs flag should be used instead. //
// Error: Nothing is currently selected. //

My Mel knowledge is at the moment of writing this message 4 hours and google is not providing the answers I want. Please help to fix these errors.

Peter.

TriplePAF 24-07-2010 07:35 AM

It's working. I modified especially the FileDialog command inside the refplanes script.

Bottom-point... This version should work with Maya 2011 and probable brakes with most earlier versions of Maya. ;)

Peter.

TriplePAF 24-07-2010 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a mistake with the upload. Here is the file :p

Peter.

jsprogg 24-07-2010 04:59 PM

thank you it does indeed work ;)

TriplePAF 25-07-2010 07:41 AM

It looks that a lot of Mel scripts will brake with Maya 2011.

Thanks for your reply.

Peter.

ampted 06-08-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriplePAF (Post 306409)
I made a mistake with the upload. Here is the file :p

Peter.

gona test it on maya 2012 64 bit tonight. hope it works:)