Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #2 - FINALS - Howardporter VS Witchy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6133)

M 04-06-2003 02:12 PM

Tournament #2 - FINALS - Howardporter VS Witchy

Alright, this tournament round goes on for 5 days. It will then go on for one day after that, when it will be voted for. If you vote for one, please vote for the rest of them as well. Also, if the next day there are not at least 3 votes on one side, the mods will judge the winner. Have a great time and this round is on:

Model your favourite video game character .

Must be fully textured

Howardporter
and
Witchy (yep M I have changed it lol)

Have a great battle!

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL BOTH FINAL RENDERS ARE IN

http://64.180.100.76/public/personal...ya/tourny2.jpg

M 04-06-2003 02:15 PM

Hey guys, have a great battle :).. btw, that thing above that is the chart.. i will have it updated later today.. my router is blocking my connection or something so being on the net is going slow.. i have to fix that. Once i do I will download those images and put them into the chart. Ok, have a great battle.

Witchy 04-06-2003 03:49 PM

I assume you overrode the voting in the battle between myself and Eagle for a reason, not sure what that was, perhaps you might drop me a line? Or is this an error? Eiither way good luck Howard and Eagle for the next stage.

EagleKing 04-06-2003 03:52 PM

eehhm....witchy won the battle

BabyDuck 04-06-2003 03:59 PM

hey howard, if i were you i would not start working on it until the mistake about witchy and eagleking is sorted out. fair is fair - M must have been blind to allow eagle into the finals. no offence eagle.

EagleKing 04-06-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BabyDuck
M must have been blind to allow eagle into the finals. no offence eagle.
thats a bit hard...

Kevin 04-06-2003 04:23 PM

M will change the image in the pic as soon as he see his error - I think he had to much beer :D

BTW M - I will have that thing you requested last week sorted later mate.... I had to do a reinstall! sorry mate

Right guys .. on with the battle! - and good luck

Witchy 04-06-2003 05:12 PM

If it is me, and I admit to a certain confusion, I shall be doing either Sam/Max from Sam and Max Hit the Road/ Freelance Police or Manny from Grim Fandango. I think!

howardporter 04-06-2003 06:22 PM

I am thinking maybe SpongeBobSquarePants....

Or Lara Croft...mmmmmmm :D

howardporter 04-06-2003 10:40 PM

maybe the hulk or spiderman? or a space invader?

twisteddragon33 04-06-2003 11:53 PM

witchy, wanna suply some pics... cause i have no idea who any of those charactors are at all....

Space ionvaders rocked:), if you have the time, make the whole scene(the ship under a wall with space ships throwing bombs and lasers down, it would look pretty darn shibby(shibby = the anti-mate).

Given from the right angle(like view between the ships from above, .. man thats what i would make....

*ideas*..

Imagine a missile command screen, make small spheres with city scapes on them, then the huge missile launcher thing in the middle. with rockets raining down....

The possibilites are endless...

Witchy 05-06-2003 12:08 AM

They are both old lucas arts classic adventure PC games. Similar era to Day of the Tentacle. If you don't have an interest in those sort of games and/or are not old and decrepid you won't have heard of them. Be grateful I didn't go for something from the days of the ZX81 :D

I wanted to make something from both for a while and I am using this part of the tournament to brush up my skills on something I am interested in, as Howards skills far exceed mine. That's not whining, before anyone starts, it's simply a fact and it won't alter me putting lots of effort in. As this is for interest and to challenge myself I was not that concerned with popular appeal when I made my choices. We shall see how it turns out.

Trying out subds and cps for this part of the comp- make a change from polys. Images will be posted with progress shots as I don't know quite which I am doing yet.

Your ideas sound fun Howard- I look forward to seeing what you are going to trounce me with :bgreen: :D

twisteddragon33 05-06-2003 12:24 AM

i just got a computer like 4 years ago. i know my way pretty well around most current games for the last 5 years or so... other than that im out....

adldesigner 05-06-2003 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Witchy
They are both old lucas arts classic adventure PC games. Similar era to Day of the Tentacle.
Ahh .. *nostalgia*

twisteddragon33 05-06-2003 12:47 AM

i dont even know what day of the tenticles.