Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   render (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34615)

Ataraxy 14-11-2010 06:40 PM

render

1 Attachment(s)
another render for class project,..

Rhetoric Camel 14-11-2010 06:56 PM

looks pretty good. The only thing I would say is dirty it up a bit, the floor, tool box, and so on... it's a little too clean in that garage.

bullet1968 15-11-2010 05:09 AM

Nice...I agree with Rhet...too clean mate.

cheers bullet

maheshsubbiah 15-11-2010 05:33 AM

Excellent work ataraxy. loved it

Mahesh

Ataraxy 15-11-2010 07:15 PM

hey guys, thanks for looking :D

too clean eh? Professional car garages are pristine clean to the point that everything is laid out in specific order <in the tool boxes> and placed by the same way or the mechanics get hell for having a messy workplace..

i have an idea where I can make a messy "redneck" car garage and remake texture the car to be a old beat up porsche..

will be during my quarter break tho!

Thx for the critique!! they are heard!!

Sircharles 14-12-2010 10:28 AM

Ataraxy - did you model the car as nurbs or polygon? and is the tyre a painted texture or just graphics on the side?

looks great.

joni.giuro 20-12-2010 07:31 PM

Hi! I like it! especially the weel, don't know why :)
I would try to clean the side of the car, where the door meets the body, there's something strange..
keep it up!!

Jay 20-12-2010 09:18 PM

Yeah true pro garages are pristine, but they arent empty. this looks good and has the potential to go further. Add tools and stuff to busy it up. I get that this is a team garage but I think the cupboards and chairs should have a different color to the car as its all the same. the eye is instantly drawn to the tyre too, which shouldnt be the case.

Jay

Ataraxy 19-01-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sircharles (Post 311426)
Ataraxy - did you model the car as nurbs or polygon? and is the tyre a painted texture or just graphics on the side?

looks great.

hey, sorry so long. I've been gone so long the website look brand spanking new! I like it, it's refreshing.

The car, I modeled it with polygons.

The tire is a poly object and I UV texture mapped it. The "whitewall" ,if you will, I found online. I didn't realize it until now but, it has a Michelan Tire Logo decal in front of a GoodYear wheel. Slight screw up on my part lol

Thanks for the questions!

Ataraxy 19-01-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 311759)
Yeah true pro garages are pristine, but they arent empty. this looks good and has the potential to go further. Add tools and stuff to busy it up. I get that this is a team garage but I think the cupboards and chairs should have a different color to the car as its all the same. the eye is instantly drawn to the tyre too, which shouldnt be the case.

Jay

You're right there should be multiple tool boxes and other "Tool Devices" in the room just as a Cherry Picker, jack, pull down air hoses from the ceiling, pneumatic compressor.. etc. I unfortunately did not have a lot of time during the project assignment date and due date.

As or the tire. Yeah it does draw into it. I was fooling around with that whole triangle thing. The orange toolbox, orange stool, and orange rim in helping to look around the whole picture and then ending up on the tire. But I suppose it's too strong.

THANKS MAN!!

Ataraxy 19-01-2011 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joni.giuro (Post 311752)
Hi! I like it! especially the weel, don't know why :)
I would try to clean the side of the car, where the door meets the body, there's something strange..
keep it up!!

Im not saying you are wrong, but I think it's the reflection from the "Quarter panel exhaust vents"

Above it tho, where the top QP is cornering the windshield there is a edge loop issue I think which gives it a slight crease. Your thoughts?