Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Transformer (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35359)

eye_grafix 26-03-2011 07:09 PM

Transformer

Ok guys,
now a lot of classtests later since my last post, I got an new idea for a project - a kind of reggea transformer.
I think about a autobot with dreadlocks and an joint :-D
But I dont know which car to use, please help, if you have any ideas, tell me.
---Peace---

bullet1968 27-03-2011 07:51 AM

BUMBLEBEE LOL...hope school is treating you well and you are doing good at all your subjects mate?

cheers bullet

tweetytunes 27-03-2011 10:15 AM

If your going for a of reggea transformer, then look at old 70`s cars when the music was at its peak - you know the old fords and co`s that you still see running and ask HOW.

bullet1968 27-03-2011 10:22 AM

An old Chevy Impala tweety?

eye_grafix 27-03-2011 11:59 AM

No bad idea - i thought about a VW T1.
Ok its more a hippie car. But it should be colored inthe colours of jamaica and the transformer should look a little bit like Bob Marley.
---Peace---

PS: @bullet: School is no problem, i am one of the bests of the class. :-)

eye_grafix 31-03-2011 01:22 PM

Ok, I was on a class trip the last 2 days and one of my best friends told me to make this version of bumblebee

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_G96gxvrHqr...onceptArt1.jpg

I like this idea even more then my first ;-)
---Peace---

bullet1968 31-03-2011 02:39 PM

hooly dooly that looks intense mate! are you going to give it a shot?

eye_grafix 31-03-2011 04:58 PM

Yes, but it could take a long time tomodel the parts.
Im going to start at weekend. :-)
---Peace---

tweetytunes 31-03-2011 07:04 PM

Thats not a transformer its a crappy bayformer - lost all interest in this thread now.

Only joking but I do hate that style of transformer.

Just seen the trailer again for the third one at the cinema - Grims my gears. But at least its his last so hoping for a much better reboot in about 2 years.

eye_grafix 31-03-2011 07:21 PM

First of all, whats a Bayformer?
Thanks for the feedback Tweety - Your one of my Idols in 3d modeling ;-) (Remember I'm just 16)
So I'm going to go back to the roots of this threat a reggea transformer.
I'm going to draw down some ideas tomorrow.
Please, if you have a good car in mind to transform into a reggea transformer, tell me please.
---Peace---

PS: I haven't seen any transformer movie, just some parts of transformation and I know the story of the first one, but thats all.

stwert 31-03-2011 07:25 PM

Transformer + Michael Bay = Bayformer... apparently tweety doesn't like this hollywood treatment, understandable.

tweetytunes 31-03-2011 07:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHA Bayformers = is the mess of movies that Micheal Bay has released the last few years under the name transformers - pissing on my childhood (when the transformers were Great). I understand some changes were needed but he took it too far - and as for the racest useless brother transformers he used in the second one, I am really not quite sure how he is able to make a 3rd.

I like the Van idea - think it goes really well with the reggea idea and with the paint job idea i think it could really pay off.

Failing that there is one really cool kit car from the 70`s you could use - just because of the name and no one would have built one of these in 3D yet ....
The Fiberfab Jamaican.

Fiberfab Jamaican Kit Car Images

HEHEHEHE.

eye_grafix 31-03-2011 07:44 PM

I have to admit, this whole Transformer-Project is for a contest, too.
So I have to do it at least a little bit in the Hollywood style, because of this "Ahh, this is a transformer"- Effect. It has to look a bit cinema like. As realistic as possible.
And yes tweety your right the secend picture was a bayformer, because I just had the contest in front of my eyes and didn't look for better ideas or even worked on my idea, thanks. :-)
---Peace---