Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Game idea... need Maya creators ^^ (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30971)

Denaton 22-09-2008 05:11 AM

Game idea... need Maya creators ^^

Hello. This is my first post and i have tryed to learn Maya by my own but it dident work out so good... So i hope i might get some help on this fourm about a game iam making... if anyone is intrestin my hotmail is on the bottom... Go here to get all the info plese and hear my prays...

Sorry for my bad English!

Chirone 27-09-2008 04:31 AM

i'm not sure what your restrictions are for posting to that site you linked to, but i think you need to work on your sales pitch....

is this meant to be full on game that people would play like they play FF or that other game WoW?

what do you plan on doing with the battle engine? (how are battles fought?)

whats the game engine you're using?

it sounds like you have a lot of ideas...

Denaton 27-09-2008 10:34 AM

well the hole idea is a big sandbox game.. the players make there own stufs and so on.

A firend are making the engie atm and it might take some time before he is finich but he promes me that i wuld like it and i trust him.

The fight system gonna be aim your taget. a FPS game there you see your sword and your hand...

I might need some people that can code a bonus engie that we put in to the real engie.. becus my firend aint a artist. Have you ever play spore? its like that when you make your own items. I wont the player to feel free to do what ever them wonna to do.

Chirone 27-09-2008 12:41 PM

unfortunately/fortunately i dont keep up with multiplayer games so i have absolutely no idea of what you just said other than it being an FPS.
No clue as to what PvP or PvE is...i think it's best kept that way until it gets to the point where i actually need to know :p

imo FPS are lame for these types of games. You can't do anything cool. just do a few crappy little hits. FPS only suits a game when you need to look at something or if you need to aim at something.

i get more enjoyment out of a game where your characters are jumping around, fighting in mid-air, spinning around, and doing all sorts of pretty and wonderful attacks than just seeing a sword swing or gun shoot.

no matter how fancy the sword or gun is, nothing beats mid-air fighting and button mashing combos and seeing your opponent get the crap beaten out of them in style

of course i suppose such things aren't possible in multiplayer games?

Denaton 27-09-2008 03:07 PM

i think you dont understand what the game is about.. You can jummp and do realy cool stufs... Even the abilitys is made by the players with is that you can make your own awsome abilitys and spells. And its only FPS becus real life is in FPS.... (First Person)...

Quote:

i get more enjoyment out of a game where your characters are jumping around, fighting in mid-air, spinning around, and doing all sorts of pretty and wonderful attacks than just seeing a sword swing or gun shoot.
I think you are talking about Link when you say this.. ^^

PvP = Players vs Players
PvE = Players vs Event (Event is NPC and animals and so on)
NPC = Non-player charatar

There will also be a record opions that we add like an addons when you install the game. Its gonna record above you and you can change how the recorder gonna record if you wonna record so you can see you epic battels over and over again with a view no ather game have.

Quote:

of course i suppose such things aren't possible in multiplayer games?
There is alots of game that allredy have this... Examels: Elder Scroll (Mor then one game...) Dark Masiha and Darkfall. This is just a few games that have fps with them...

elephantinc 30-09-2008 04:27 PM

I think youll need something to show people before they help you...

Denaton 30-09-2008 05:32 PM

show what? i need artist aint i?

Or what do you mean?

elephantinc 30-09-2008 05:46 PM

maybe some finished code to show you are actually doing this

and some character/environment designs

Denaton 30-09-2008 05:48 PM

well my firend are working one the engie and i might get some code from him next time i meet him... right now i cant reach him.

Edit. Do you realy think i wuld quit and made up that big idea for nothing?

elephantinc 30-09-2008 06:23 PM

no, we just cant guarantee youll be able to finish it

Denaton 30-09-2008 06:46 PM

well say one game that are in engie state and are 100% to come out... i just need pople to turst me.. if you dont you dont have to. I do this for.
1. Its my dream to make this game.
2. i love to create things.
3. I alwhays wonna be a big game company.. (are making the site and its gonna be www.dundergame.com)
4. I do this for FUN and if we dont get anymonny who care i dont... becus i just do it for fun... and if its be a great hit its justa bouns to get alots of monney =)

30-09-2008 07:00 PM

This reminds me of a topic a year ago…
http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=26061

Denaton 30-09-2008 07:02 PM

I am not him...

And how did it go for him?

And i allredy started on it.. he did only make the idea... (What i did see anywhay)

Edit. I took some time to read what you have told him to.. and if you wonna know me i can tell you...
I am 18 year old boy.. Going in school and have try the most of thing on computer. I have made my own MOD to Counter-Strike with was a twist of Wc3 mod and superhero mod. I go on a program called Media in sweden. I dont have good grades becus i think to muth about computer and stufs. I have dyselesi and my motto is "Nothing is awkward" I got alots of friends that suport me and i got a programmer from USA that help me to create the engie. I "know" a guy that i meet at Dream Hack (World larges LAN) that was talking about making games. I have talked alot with him and he told me alots of stufs that i was supose to think about. I have a girl friend that i love realy muth and we have been to gather around 1,25 year... When i started with this idea i was 9 year and it dident realy look like this when i started ^^. I spend all my free time to learn mor and more about game devoloment and i learn mor every day... And this is why my school grades is so bad ^^. And ops i forgot to tell... I was creating Counter-strike maps a long time to... did most aim maps and so on... Did also do a exstra battel ground for World Of Warcraft with was mor or like Hero line wars in Wc3.. i also did some custom wc3 maps that i called race war but the others guys dident like the name so re recalled it to spices in war. (this was not the only map i did in wc3 and i have worked with other games to... mostly from vavle)

elephantinc 30-09-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Denaton
well say one game that are in engie state and are 100% to come out... i just need pople to turst me.. if you dont you dont have to. I do this for.
1. Its my dream to make this game.
2. i love to create things.
3. I alwhays wonna be a big game company.. (are making the site and its gonna be www.dundergame.com)
4. I do this for FUN and if we dont get anymonny who care i dont... becus i just do it for fun... and if its be a great hit its justa bouns to get alots of monney =)

its the same for me but with 3d but could i finish a 3d movie? i doubt it

gster123 30-09-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elephantinc
its the same for me but with 3d but could i finish a 3d movie? i doubt it
If you planned it, put your mind to it and kept stuck at it.... Its all up to your determination.