Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Battle Arena (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tournament judging, read this :) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5101)

M 10-04-2003 02:41 PM

Tournament judging, read this :)

Hey guys, to make sure that voting here in the battle arena is fair and all worked out, there will now be a poll at the end of every battle and if the poll doesnt come to a clean decision, then it will go over to the mods after 3 days and we will decide the winner from there :). Hope this is all clear, as this is what will happen in the future.

Kevin 10-04-2003 02:46 PM

cool!! so now its up to you guys to get in here and poll :)

saves you lot beating us mods up :D

oh btw - you cant vote for yourself

adldesigner 10-04-2003 03:49 PM

Excellent! I like this.
(One more example of fine democracy at work in SimplyMaya) :p

M 11-04-2003 12:00 AM

OH, ok i will add this. once you finish your model, you HAVE to vote for yourself. This way it automatically makes it 1 - 1.. which is even again. Then we know that no one is cheating eachother out :). So yes, you can vote for yourself.. great question kevin!

twisteddragon33 11-04-2003 01:05 AM

Why do you HAVE to vote for youself?

What if you finish your model but you honestly think your opponents model is better? I would hate to think i won with an inferior model.

I-Iybrid 11-04-2003 01:05 AM

Sweetness. Good idea M :)

twisteddragon33 11-04-2003 01:07 AM

wow.. posted at the exact same time.

:) And we arent even in the same room anymore.

I-Iybrid 11-04-2003 01:09 AM

Heh...anymore LOL

twisteddragon33 11-04-2003 01:32 AM

Well... there was school earlier and then your house. so yeah.. anymore.

M 11-04-2003 01:43 AM

Lol, good point twisted. If you dont feel you should win, then dont post for yourself :). Just Dont give it to the other guy by 1 vote just because you didnt think yours was good. Ok, cya

twisteddragon33 11-04-2003 01:49 AM

Ah. so failure to SAY you dont post for yourself.. means you voted for youself by default. kinda like you know the other guys was better... you just wont say it is:), but you wont say yours is better.

Kevin 11-04-2003 06:57 AM

I dont think you should be able to vote for yourself, but then again Its a battle so I wouldnt vote for the other guy :D

maybe we shal refine this bit LOL

twisteddragon33 11-04-2003 01:06 PM

Are ther any other rules? you should get as specific as possible to avoid any confusion. even rules you think are obvious and not needing to be said...

Kevin 11-04-2003 01:58 PM

right I have decided there is to be NO polls in the challenge area - this is because it would be crazy to have a poll of 30 odd people! and imagine the poor guy who gets none and it is so visable to the board

If a mod enters and if we think the decision is close between a member and a mod then them 2 alone will go to a poll. If a mod does not enter then the admins and mods will decide a winner as normal - so far this has been the best way and we have done a good job.

but we simply cant have such big polls. I think it may be fun for mods to enter also as we get a little lonely just answering questions :)

On the battles then as M has posted - there will be a 3 day poll, then if no clear winner then we shall decide. There has to be at least 5 people vote for the poll to count.

Kevin 11-04-2003 02:00 PM

and on a little note - sometimes these things take a little time to sort out to run smooth so please bare with us... in the end it will run smooth - just like the rest of the site :D

sometimes we get things wrong and its just a question of playing with ideas until we are all happy