Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya causing lack of sleep... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21952)

esion 13-06-2006 04:47 PM

Maya causing lack of sleep...

These last few nights I have been up super late working on a new model...and well its cutting into my sleep time. I usually only get about 6 hours of sleep, and now its down to like 3.

Maya is just so addicting, there have been plenty of times where I say "okay im just going to finish the hand then go to bed" only to find myself saying "well, lets fix up the wrist and arm..." followed by another hour where im saying "well crap now I gotta work on the shoulder..."

Anyone else in the same boat? I am so tired at work...arg. But on the other hand, I cant wait to get home so I can work on the model :) yay...only 4 more hours.

Jay 13-06-2006 05:36 PM

Well less than 6hrs sleep a night makes you an official insomniac.

You should try to control yourself or your work will suffer but worst of all you may get ill!!

Maya is addictive no doubts there, but take what Ive said on board.

Jay

mtmckinley 13-06-2006 05:59 PM

got to take it in stride. Sure, it's all cool now but eventually, when you get a job doing this 8-10 hrs a day... it loses a bit of its luster, haha. ;)

esion 13-06-2006 06:07 PM

Ya I figure it would be like that...but seeing as though I am a chemist for a pharmaceuticals company by day and modeller by night...I only get about 4 hours of solid modeling in...

traindog 13-07-2006 05:09 PM

Yeah I definately get like that....It is pretty damn addictive..Especially when you got something good goin and are seeing results...

But yeah...take it easy or you will get sick and then wont even be able to sit at your computer!!...

good sleep with help your creative juices flow better....;)

severinianthony 31-07-2006 05:31 PM

AutoDesk should put an addiction warning on the Maya box...maybe even the Surgeon General should slap a warning on there too...

mr pix. 03-08-2006 03:09 PM

im up until about 3am every morning sometimes until 6am. YEY i am not the only addict in the world!!

errethakbe 03-08-2006 05:11 PM

i wish i had more time to mess around with maya...i got to work 50+ hours/wk, and school full time, so i have very little room to play around...i definatley get caught up sometimes, and get to bed later than i want to.

severinianthony 03-08-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mr pix.
im up until about 3am every morning sometimes until 6am. YEY i am not the only addict in the world!!
Yiiiiikesss.....get some sleep...>.<

13th_resident 04-08-2006 12:04 AM

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Mayastatic 04-08-2006 01:21 PM

I´m so hapy about your comments, because its god to know that you are not alone by the topic MAYA
I´m become frihgtened when I see the maya logo on my desktop. Because when i make a click on it, then there 3 hours always gone.
But I love it!
regards