Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Your favorite Texture Entry! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26464)

mtmckinley 04-06-2007 03:10 AM

Your favorite Texture Entry!

It's that time again where you can sound off and say which of the final Texture Challenge entries you liked the most. :) As usual, this vote is strictly for you guys and will not affect the final outcome of my final vote. The voting will be open through Thursday.

The next challenge will be ready by the end of the week!

gster123 04-06-2007 03:35 AM

Very tough choice for me on this one as all the entries were great.

04-06-2007 03:41 AM

It was pretty hard to decide, as I got down to the last 2 that I thought were the best. Everybody did great on this one. Hopefully IÕll be able to join the next challenge!
:beer:

t1ck135 04-06-2007 07:49 AM

nice job guys, You've all put a lot of effort into these and look like you've learned a lot in the process.
Good luck :)

Si

publicFunction 04-06-2007 06:54 PM

My vote went to Mr Tunes.

Both he and Mr Sand have very good models and a nice layout with no texture streching I can see.

Well Done All of you good effort.

arran 05-06-2007 06:43 PM

yeah - well done to all who took part.:beer:

Weyu 06-06-2007 12:27 AM

Only six entries this time? Perhaps I will participate in the next challange to add some more variety. :)

Well my vote goes to Tweetytunes, for a great mix of cartoonish and reality look, I would not be suprised to see that character in a game.

And ofcourse the rest of you also did a good job!

Perfecto 06-06-2007 01:39 AM

Yeah, several more entered the comp and had really great starts but most likely couldn't find enough free time to finish. Would be nice to see more people join in next time. Many of us learned a lot in the process. You get really good tips from each other which I think is a big plus.

tweetytunes 06-06-2007 02:23 AM

wow 12 votes so far thank you everyone.

Texturing is something I feel I`m very weak at. And looking at the way this one is going perhaps I`m underestimating my skills.

Cheers for all the kind words you guys

Any word on what type of challenge is next ????

Weyu 06-06-2007 11:03 PM

"Many of us learned a lot in the process. You get really good tips from each other which I think is a big plus."

Yeah these contests are great, they also feel fairly similar to work assignments, you get to ty to work under someone else's rules.

And I think you need to do some commercial for this challange, this poll is closing soon and there doesnt seem to have been that much of a commotion. :)

mtmckinley 07-06-2007 08:35 AM

Hey, guys I'm heading out of town unexpectantly this weekend so I'll have to put up the new challenge when I get back.

tweetytunes 07-06-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Weyu

Yeah these contests are great, they also feel fairly similar to work assignments, you get to ty to work under someone else's rules.

but you get away with bending the rules here alot more ;)

I miss uni, ( i was there 5 years doing two different courses)

Mike you could have gave us a hint before you left on what the next challenage would be ...

And conrates to sandman300 winning the public vote
(I`m very happy with my 30%)
my highest score in a challenage so far

good luck with the final vote.

mtmckinley 11-06-2007 11:18 AM

new challenge and winner announced tonight!

Weyu 11-06-2007 11:21 AM

Ooh lovely, I suppose tonight means tomorow morning for me. No point in starting something new tonight then. :)

Perfecto 11-06-2007 11:45 AM

Welcome back Mike!

...and I just started a new project at lunch time today. So, depending on the challenge, I may or may not participate (but will seriously consider it since the more people that participate the more fun it is).