Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Slipknot - 8 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12490)

cb8rwh 05-07-2004 06:51 PM

Slipknot - 8

1 Attachment(s)
ello all,

just started a new model - Corey out of slipknot - here's a very basic mask.

comments / crits welcome as ever :)

blomkaal 05-07-2004 09:16 PM

Great idea! :)

Just catched a little of their concert at Roskilde Festival where they replaced David Bowie friday night...

Btw, which number is the guitarist with the metal kinda mask? That's the most wicked mask I've ever seen I think! :D

MainlineX 05-07-2004 11:33 PM

Coming along nicely! Great job, keep it up!! :)

IAmThaGuvNa 06-07-2004 01:22 AM

yeah... good job...i despise slipknot tho...

ransick 06-07-2004 05:45 PM

hehe nice....

cb8rwh 07-07-2004 10:31 AM

cheers guys,

guvna - why do you despise slipknot?

Zyk0tiK 07-07-2004 11:01 AM

maybe because they SUCK!? :D man Slipknot annoy the crap out me.

dae 07-07-2004 12:18 PM

thats a good thing when you cant go to crapper.

Dae

cb8rwh 07-07-2004 02:28 PM

why do they suck zykotik?

Mantat 07-07-2004 03:49 PM

I too dont like them much. Seems to me that they are known more for their originality (marginality?) than their talent. I dont think they would be that popular if it wasnt for their 'style'. I saw them once in an interview and they acted in such an idiot way that I dont understand why any show would want to bring them on screen again.

Some could argue that its all part of the show and thats what they like. Personnaly, I dont. I prefer singers with skills (vocal skills) than singers with attitude. As weird as it may sound, they are part of the pop culture with Britney, J.Lo ...

SO I think these are some of the reason people dislike them so much, others may have other reason more or less valid than mine. But after all, everyone can like what ever they want. As long as they dont listen to it at max volume near my house...

IAmThaGuvNa 07-07-2004 04:08 PM

ummm not to mention the fact that theyre satanic... (no offense i have nothing against anyones beliefs and if you are satanic i appologize for this message) I dont like them because they sing about satan... If i remember right "I'm 666 if your 555" stuff like that just little messages in the songs.... believe me i used to be a big fan.... but now i cant stand them after i discovered their messages in the songs... sorry if i offended anyone... just my opinion afterall

P.S. I have heard a few of their newer songs... and it seems to me they are trying to get rid of that image... I mean... they sing about girls now... its like.. "WOAH! THEY ARENT GAY!" lol but seriously if they really wanted to get rid of the image of satanic ritual, they need to get rid of that idiot with the pentagram carved into his mask. And yes i like a few of their new songs.

Zyk0tiK 07-07-2004 06:09 PM

heeh yeah, "If you're a 555 then i'm a 666" Heretic Anthem or some such crap, They aren't original though, They suck. They are a pop band, AND they write crap lyrics. I mean what the hell? "I push my fingers into my eyes, it's the only thing that slowly stops the ache" what the hell is that supposed to mean? "I felt the hate rise up in me, kneel down to clear the stone of leaves" what stone? where the hell does a stone come into it? The songs they write are crap. Corey himself IS a good singer, as he proved in Stone Sour, but Slipknot is just overrated crap. They aren't satanic, it's an Image they portray, they aren't even gothic, their music is Nu Metal, nothing gothic about it. They are just ridiculous. I wish they'd die.

IAmThaGuvNa 07-07-2004 07:18 PM

yeah.. well they come off as poser satanic freaks... lol

IAmThaGuvNa 07-07-2004 07:20 PM

ANYWAYS good luck Cb8

Jay 07-07-2004 08:01 PM

Hey Cb
Love the model, Slipknot are okay, each to their own. I wish someone could raise Jim Morrison and Michael Hutchence back from the dead then we could party properly!!!

_J