Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   CV curve, extrude and cap problems, please help (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16325)

kiwi_bacon 14-04-2005 06:21 AM

CV curve, extrude and cap problems, please help

Hi all i hope someone can help.

I'm using maya 4.5.

I created a cv curve pattern similar to a swirl design.

Ive extruded it thats all good but I cant seem to cap the design.

I've looked on the forums and i cant seem to see anything that helps my situation ive tryed all the other suggestions, I hope someone can help.

Thanks

P.S I'm using a mac but dont know how to take a sceen shot, other wise i would post a picture.

mhcannon 14-04-2005 07:36 AM

what was the shape of the profile curve that you extruded? That will determine how you cap it off.

kiwi_bacon 14-04-2005 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I figured out to take screen shots heres the path I created with the CV curve tool.

kiwi_bacon 14-04-2005 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool that picture insert worked.

I then extrueded the path to this.

kiwi_bacon 14-04-2005 11:01 PM

On the first picture, its the swirl I want to be filled in, the hole/s in the big and little circle.

I'm really stuck, even when I planar the isoparms it still hasnt capped the shape properly.

Did I extrude properly? was that the right choice?

Dang any help is appreciated........

Exinferis 14-04-2005 11:24 PM

hmm you tried using the bevel+ tool? i used it for letters, but it should work for that too :)

mhcannon 15-04-2005 12:00 AM

I can see it's at least 2 curves, is it more than that. Bevel+ should do this, but be sure to select the larger curve then the circle for it to cap off right.

kiwi_bacon 15-04-2005 01:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your help guys its really appreciated!

Yup they are two curves mhcannon, i have selected the outter then the inner and vice verser but it comes up with this error

"cannot convert data of type string to type int[]"

It bevels and caps one path fine, just not both :(

What Iam I doing wrong???

Shayder 15-04-2005 09:34 PM

Sometimes Maya can't use certain curves. I run into this with certain fonts and whether or not they are bold or capitalized. Ususally, and by no means am I going to try and be technical, I will adjust some of the curves control points so that they are in the proper position. Sometimes they will over lap. You may be able to fix it by rebuilding the curve with more or less control points, or even change the curve direction. You also have to make sure they are planar. and on the same plane.

I hope that helps a bit.

mhcannon 15-04-2005 10:17 PM

select the problem curve, then select Edit Curves>Open/close curve

any difference?

kiwi_bacon 17-04-2005 08:29 PM

Hi guys,

Success! :p

Thanks for all your help!

every little bit helped.

Cheers!