Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Maya Crashes when just clicking on "Save" or "Open" (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28092)

ArtieLange 07-11-2007 01:31 PM

Maya Crashes when just clicking on "Save" or "Open"

Everything was working fine then suddenly Maya 7.0 Unlimited crashes every time I click on "Open Scene" or "Save Scene", it just closes without a Crash report from windows or anything. I can create geometry and other things without crashing but when I want to save, it closes immediately. I've installed and reinstalled and I'm still getting the same problem. Please help.

And another thing, it does the same when I want to import or anything that uses the window browser function (like setting up project location on your harddrive).

starjsjswars 08-11-2007 12:06 AM

when you unistalled it how did u go about it? because i had a problem back about 3-4 weeks ago, i unistalled and renstalled it about 3 times and the same problem.. so i knew that unstailling wasing goning to fix it the way i was doing, so then i tried something else. I just deleted my whole Autodesk>Maya file and then went to the control panel and unstialled it from there and then installed it and everything worked.

Idk if this will work for you but... it worked for me.

Btw whats on your computer? processer, ram?

ArtieLange 08-11-2007 02:49 AM

Well, I went to Add/Remove programs and uninstall Maya when I removed all maya folders.

I don't understand " my whole Autodesk>Maya file" thing though. I'm assuming that you want me to delete the main Maya folder in Programs folder first before I uninstall Maya from Add/Remove Programs.

I'll try that.

My specs are:

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800
3.00 GB of RAM
GeForce 6800 Series

starjsjswars 08-11-2007 03:33 AM

yea just the maya (Version) so for me it was C:/Program files/autodes/maya8.0. i just deleted the whole maya8.0 folder and then add/remove programs it off after.

Tell me if this works :p

ArtieLange 08-11-2007 03:38 AM

Thanks for replying, you have no idea how much you are saving my butt. But everytime I try to delete the folder, i get the "can't delete because "helpserver.jar" is being used by another person or program.

starjsjswars 08-11-2007 03:39 AM

hmm odd... try restarting your comptuer and then doing it.

i just hope this works for you b\c it worked for me.

ArtieLange 08-11-2007 03:42 AM

I just found out that helpserver.jar is a program used by Java.exe so I went to task manager and shut that down.

ArtieLange 08-11-2007 04:06 AM

Did you get a problem with "can't read Maya.msi" under the windows folder while uninstalling?

starjsjswars 08-11-2007 04:07 AM

cant remeber :( its been almost a month

ArtieLange 08-11-2007 05:49 AM

Now I can't even install Maya, I get the installer unpacking everything and then say "maya is up to date" but nothing has been installed. I've looked through my registery trying to delete Maya files but still I get this. When I go under "Add/Remove Programs", it still registers maya but without a "uninstall option".

starjsjswars 08-11-2007 06:32 AM

ugh.... did u do anything else?

ArtieLange 08-11-2007 07:11 AM

YES! IT WORKED! I forgot to delete one piece of the register. After installing, i opened it and now it saves!! thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!

starjsjswars 08-11-2007 07:38 AM

np lol it took me about 4 hours to figure it out my self... happy to help.