Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge 2003! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6056)

M 01-06-2003 04:37 PM

June Challenge 2003!

Hey guys, its time for a new competition. It is an idea that was brought up by one of the mods today :), the challenge is:

Extreme Environment Vehicle

This challenge is not to model a car and say, its for extreme speeds... but instead to model something that can conquor incredible feats. This includes lava, water, huge mountains etc. Anything that is exreme. Just the machine itself has to prove that it CAN do this and not just look like a normal car or ski-doo. So we do not want to see any cars, as those are NOT allowed in this competition.. they must distinctively look like they can do something extreme. By the way, keep it to one specific enviroment, do not try to combine many features in one, it needs to have one specific deed :). Ok, hope you can all follow this and have a great time! Cya.

Ok, now if you join either state that you are joining as a Noobie, or Normal entry and write like the following:

"June Challenge - Name - Noobie"
or
"June Challenge - Name - Normal"

Rules:
1. Texturing is allowed.
2. Wire frame shots must be presented at random times.
3. Various shots of the progress, throughout the whole challenge, at different angles.
4. Concept Drawing or Picture, to be presented (where possible).
5. Submit your stills at 640x480, for loading purposes.
6. Final render can be at any size you wish, and all artowork in the render has to of been made by yourself.
7. Finish by last day of month - Exact time not specified, just make sure its finished by this date.
8. Mark final render saying "FINAL RENDER" within the post. there can only be 1 final render by the way.
8. Everything in your final render has to be modelled by you during the challenge.
9. Have lots of fun and learn lots!

If you have any questions post them here, or PM me if its more private.

Sil-Valeor 01-06-2003 05:13 PM

/me is waiting
/me is still waiting

cool. May I ask what's the defference between rewards at normal & noob/easy/however it's called?

mtmckinley 01-06-2003 05:15 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, Matt, but I believe Noob winners do not actually recieve anything, while normal winner gets 14 points to use in VIP video section.

Sil-Valeor 01-06-2003 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mtmckinley
correct me if I'm wrong, Matt, but I believe Noob winners do not actually recieve anything, while normal winner gets 14 points to use in VIP video section.

No VIP points? Not a singel point?

jonkelis 01-06-2003 06:49 PM

No point's? :(
I was hope'ing to get some point's (of cource if i would win).

Oh and another question, what am i ? I'm a a noobie , a nobody , or what?:confused:

And how from a noobie can i become a normal or something else?

drknow 01-06-2003 07:05 PM

Oh, I am ready for this one. I think I may even be able to finish this one LOL. Make it a good one.

EagleKing 01-06-2003 07:06 PM

no points?

bahh....no reason to take part :P

drknow 01-06-2003 07:12 PM

Hey, look at that, I ended every sentence with the word "one" HAHAHA. I really didnt mean to.

doodle 01-06-2003 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jonkelis
No point's? :(
I was hope'ing to get some point's (of cource if i would win).

Oh and another question, what am i ? I'm a a noobie , a nobody , or what?:confused:

And how from a noobie can i become a normal or something else?

That's for you to decide :)

jonkelis 01-06-2003 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
What for you to decide :)
???? :confused: ???? WHAT ?

Sorry, but i think that your English is bad :)

NitroLiq 01-06-2003 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EagleKing
no points?

bahh....no reason to take part :P

Well, the whole idea for the competition is for individual practice and should be viewed as such. If you practice enough, you can improve and try your luck in the normal category and "earn" your points.

NitroLiq 01-06-2003 07:26 PM

Matt,

With the release of "Finding Nemo," a deep sea competition might be in order....model fish, an ocean scene, scuba diver, coral, sea anemone, ship wreck, etc. Exclude sharks and octupuses since there are tutorials on them around the net already. Maybe It'll give KB incentive to finish his Andrea Gail...hehehe ;)

doodle 01-06-2003 07:36 PM

That was a mistype. W was suppost to be a T.

I was saying that you decide then your a normal

doodle 01-06-2003 07:40 PM

Dude, what a very dood idea.

I down for making a fish, realistic or cartoony.

adldesigner 01-06-2003 07:44 PM

Isn´t that already being done along the battle forum?
Don´t despair guys, ideas are already running on the mods forum.