Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bathroom_interior (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30972)

scrappy 22-09-2008 05:49 AM

Bathroom_interior

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

heres a bathroom interior i did for my friends house, the bathroom was being re-furbished at the time and he asked me if it was possible to see it finished as a model before the work was finalised at his home.

crits are welcome, and yes his bathroom was that big!! MASSIVE i know.

cheers

shadowspy 22-09-2008 06:09 AM

Scene looks very good!
Though it's one weird looking big bad-ass bathroom:p

22-09-2008 06:14 AM

It looks nice, but… is it just me, or is it a little distorted? :confused:

gster123 22-09-2008 06:22 AM

Looks good though theres some thing about the shelf the sinks are sitting on, the wood texture looks a little largs and it seems like its floating, which I think is to do with the texture size

honestdom 22-09-2008 06:53 AM

great looking work, great looking bathroom... not a fan of the sinks tho. just not my taste.

what did you render in? vray?

arran 22-09-2008 07:04 AM

yeah - nice job - got to agree tho - the sink isn't really working for me at the moment. is it supposed to be wood or marble? also, is there no plumbing - where does the water go?

AikoWorld 22-09-2008 09:36 AM

ouch i`m already digitaly plucking splinters out of my arms washing myself there every day hahahaha :)

It looks cool thou the mirror above the sink looks a bit weird, looks like one is angled? is that ment to be?

The floor is kinda blury, and seems like there are no grooves.

Looking at how the sinks work its kinda naked. You`ll see it when your sitting down in the bath. And makes the room look half done. So i would make a nice cover underneath the sink, same for the bathtub, there its gonna collect lots of dust. Repairing the bath will be much easier thou, but its a dust magnet underneath there.

Of sorry i`m more talking as a plumber rather then an artist :P

The overal feel is very nice,

scrappy 22-09-2008 10:43 PM

Thanks for all your crits guys, i need to do my final render to get it looking more crisp. This model was just for a friend and he needed it quite quick so i never really went all the way with it i.e all the detailing,maybe i should finish it? and maybe i should be thinking more like a plumber rather than an artist :)

This model was rendered using vray,good guess how did you know??? and it took around 20mins to render, yikes i know.

oh and the sink shelf is suppost to be marble!

cheers again guys

Gen 23-09-2008 11:45 AM

It looks nice (render quality could be higher though). One of the first things I noticed was that the blinds were mysteriously floating in frameless windows :x and I think it looks bare because your camera is framing an area of the room that pretty much empty (btw where am I supposed to make poopie?). Also, the counter tops look like splinter central, and the medicine cabinet seems kinda deep (maybe a bit picky but it just seems like it is). With some more work I think it would look pretty damn great.

scrappy 23-09-2008 07:26 PM

Cheers Gect,

in the layout of my friends bathroom, the poopie (toilet) is located just behind the camera on the right so i thought i should'nt model it,but then i guess that could be me being lazy, i dont know why everyone is saying that it looks splintery lol, its suppost to be a marble top, hence the reflective shiny surface, oh well i guess ill keep working on that 1.

cheers again dude, hope miami is well.

BennyK 23-09-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by scrappy
cheers again dude, hope miami is well.

:confused: Am I missing something?

scrappy 23-09-2008 08:12 PM

huh, tht was for Gect.

Chirone 23-09-2008 09:26 PM

didn't anyone tell you you shouldn't pass pictures taken as 3D graphics?
:p

it looks pretty cool, but whats that thing in the left corner? is that a shower? he's going to slip and die when he's done there....

scrappy 23-09-2008 10:22 PM

lol, i know, thats his walk in shower. you should see the rest of his house,jammy git,lol.

BennyK 23-09-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by scrappy
huh, tht was for Gect.
I know... I meant the dude part :p
Benny