Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Challenge Forum (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   My Dream Office Challenge - Perfecto (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36091)

Chirone 10-08-2011 07:58 AM

Ah, Perfecto, those offices in your link definitely make me want to jump into the picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acid44 (Post 323496)
You're a Kiwi? Only a NZ'er would say "awesome as" :P

yeah, straight up, bro, born and breed

Perfecto 10-08-2011 02:08 PM

Yeah, me too. I admit they do seem kiddish but at the same time they look so fun. I'd much rather work in a place like that instead of an ordinary place. I'm actually considering dropping out of the comp. Not sure I'm going to be able to come up with a concept I really want to work on in time. I'm giving myself til the end of the week to come up with something. If not, i'll either drop out or think of a smaller/simpler office to do.

bullet1968 10-08-2011 02:22 PM

Born and bread eh bro? sweet as cuz....good as gold...LOL sorry mate had to....we are all meerkats

Perfecto 10-08-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet1968 (Post 323550)
Born and bread eh bro? sweet as cuz....good as gold...LOL sorry mate had to....we are all meerkats

lol

Well, I've decided to bail out of the comp. I'm going to bite the bullet (not you bullet) and do the unthinkable. I'm going to apply for 3d work at a game studio which means I'll have to move if I get lucky enough to be hired. So I'm going to focus on putting together portfolio, completing some of my past projects, which means learning everything I can about texturing and lighting. I also want to learn character modeling and texturing more in depth.

Gen 10-08-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfecto
lol

Well, I've decided to bail out of the comp. I'm going to bite the bullet (not you bullet) and do the unthinkable. I'm going to apply for 3d work at a game studio which means I'll have to move if I get lucky enough to be hired. So I'm going to focus on putting together portfolio, completing some of my past projects, which means learning everything I can about texturing and lighting. I also want to learn character modeling and texturing more in depth.

That sucks, :cry: I wanted to see this volcano themed office come to life, it could've been part of your folio. Though, I can't give you too much crap, I have stuff threatening my participation too. Ah oh well, hope that comes through for you.

daverave 10-08-2011 09:05 PM

I thought your lava lamp was a good idear, I thought you could light your office with the colours from the lamp and could be a good part for your folio...........dave

10-08-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirone (Post 323537)
yeah, straight up, bro, born and breed

Sweet as bru!

Was hoping to see this come to life too, would have been awesome

Perfecto 10-08-2011 10:57 PM

I actually thought about that, but I have some other projects where the modeling is pretty much done. Besides, environment modeling really isn't much challenging for me (for the most part) so I need to focus on areas where I'm weak such as character modeling (mainly body).

I can model faces pretty accurately but bodies, well I'm kinda clueless. And texturing/lighting, I wont even go there. I have a good basic understanding but I have a major lack of experience in that area. I'm going to finish my kitchen scene that I modeled a while back. I just need to model a front door and a window, then all I have to do is finish the UV's and start texturing and adding the lights. After that, you can probably expect to see me working on character modeling with a huge focus on texturing.

Question, looking for work in the 3d industry isn't as straight forward as I expected. There's no listings for "3d modeler". What titles should I look for. Basically, I'd love to work on creating environments, props, or characters. I don't mind modeling, uv mapping, or texturing. I don't mind rigging but I'll need to start learning that too. OMG, I have so much stuff to learn.

Perfecto 12-08-2011 05:15 PM

There doesn't seem to be lots of activity in the challenge so I'm going to create a simple dream office to help keep the challenge going :)

Perfecto 12-08-2011 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my final concept. Something simple yet nice and with two window views. I'll top it off with an inbox that has a paper shredder attached to it...j/k. I'm hoping that this will help keep the momentum going in the comp.

Gen 12-08-2011 06:28 PM

Yeah I noticed that too, and its bugging me :confused:

Perfecto 13-08-2011 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked on the room. The background picture is temporary. It was too dark outside when I went to take an outside picture. The carpet texture needs work but I'm pretty new to making textures so it might take me awhile to get it just right. The lighting needs work too because there's too much darkness in the corner.

Perfecto 13-08-2011 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my bookshelf

Perfecto 13-08-2011 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Desk

Perfecto 13-08-2011 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another render. Testing out foilage to see how it reacts with the room and lighting.