Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Making a Bee - Bzzzzzz (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9452)

trpower 17-12-2003 10:31 PM

Making a Bee - Bzzzzzz

1 Attachment(s)
I hope people will give some comments or advices. To help me creating a better model or what ever :bgreen:

Pony 17-12-2003 11:08 PM

Looks like it might be a little to flat. But that might be just the view.

trpower 18-12-2003 07:11 PM

theback

1 Attachment(s)
Muahaah

cavalt 18-12-2003 09:29 PM

Looks good d00d!!! How 'bout a shot of the whole model??

:beer:

Pony 18-12-2003 09:36 PM

ya just had to put the stinger on didn't ya.. LOL... looks great.

trpower 19-12-2003 12:01 AM

Not_whole_BEE

Whole model :'( i have not finished yet.

My bigest problem with modeling is the Head :S.

This was only a render of the tail because the body isn't finnished and the head also.

Mybe you guys can help me later with telling me how to make fur on the surfase not on the wole but a little bit on the middle of the bee.

trpower 19-12-2003 12:34 AM

Fur at this plase on my model.

1 Attachment(s)
I want fur at this plase on my model how to do that if I sellect fur the whole model is going FURRRYYYYYY :S.

I just want to have FUR on a place like that on the picture. some one knows a tip or tutorial.

Tork 19-12-2003 12:42 AM

nice :)

Pony 19-12-2003 01:21 AM

you can paint the baldness atribute on a map of it.. like your texture map. be worned you do have to have a good UV map of that model.. at least the part your doing. But your best bet for fur in just selected airas is to copy your bee. With the bee copy, delete the faces whare you will not want fur. Fur that copy. and shrink the geo a little or make it hiden.. the fur will come through the geo of the origanal if done right. Doing it like that also makes it render a little faster. Becouse its not salving for the hole body of geo..

trpower 19-12-2003 10:46 AM

:D

Thank you I will try but I am not a Super Hero with maya and do not understand some Terms.

trpower 19-12-2003 10:59 AM

Shader or Texture

1 Attachment(s)
Some one have a shader for me or al link of shaders for the wings or what you call it.

And how to make a smooth connection between the wings and the body.

trpower 20-12-2003 12:41 AM

Leg

I have made a leg first of all with polygon then extruded roteded scaled and finaly converted from polygon to supdiv and finally to Nurb.

After that :rolleyes: 1 surface was in fact splited in pieces:confused: some one knows to avoid that or connect those.

Well I had to go on so I have connected a Joint to it and give it al a collor.

LOL - The bee looked like a Scorpion without the wings :l so I roteded the Joints to look how It looked.

fredriksson 20-12-2003 01:03 AM

Going from subd's to nurbs will make a patchmodel with many many different patches. I'd stay with the subd's and perhaps use a lowpoly version of the mesh as a wrapdeformer to speed up things a bit.

trpower 20-12-2003 01:05 AM

Thank you for advices and comments all are welcome :D