Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   SEGA Master Sys (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5456)

roach105 27-04-2003 02:51 PM

SEGA Master Sys

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I decided to stop the ship model for a bit and did the SEGA Master Sytem. Still have a bit of modeling to do and the controllers.

mtmckinley 27-04-2003 06:41 PM

to be honest, it pretty much just looks like a textured box right now, except for that indention.

Looking forward to the wires and details once your futher into it. :)

Alan 27-04-2003 07:04 PM

I thought the same as mike at first, but I'm looking at it on a brighter monitor now and it does have a bit more detail. I dont think your lighting is really picking it up though (i know it's hard with black plastic!!) ;)

Get some controllers and cables in there and I'm sure it will help the scene greatly!

:banana:

Alan

roach105 27-04-2003 08:08 PM

I will add the controllers in the next day or so. I always have a tough time with black plastic, personally I think it is one of the toughest stuff to create.

My goal is to eventually model all the sega consoles.

- SEGA rocks and always will!

Any ideas for texturing the black. At the moment it's just a regular phong shader. The images are on layered shaders.

Alan 27-04-2003 08:22 PM

nintendo always kicks ass over sega!!!!!!

Although i did prefer sonic to mario.

Black plastic..... a phong by itself wont do it you need to add specularity maps etc just to pick out the details etc.

Good luck

Alan

Ps You should have done a dreamcast that way no black plastic!! ;)

M 27-04-2003 08:28 PM

w00t, i second that pure! I loved nes and snes.. n64 is when i started fading away from the games ;). But i never owned a sega console.. only nintendo consoles.. and a TRUCK LOAD of games, i have played em all! Also roach, yea this is looking great, just it does look like a box with textures on it atm. A wire would be great... you going to do the game gear as well?

Alan 27-04-2003 08:45 PM

i did own a dreamcast once, it was fun for a while but once they stopped making games that was it. I think that the PS1 and PS2 kick all of their asses XBOX and Gamecube.

:)
Alan

mtmckinley 27-04-2003 09:18 PM

I dont know as I don't have any of them. :(

Last systems I had was a N64 and PS1. :p

roach105 27-04-2003 11:57 PM

I have owned ATARI, SEGA MASTER SYS, GENEIS i missed SATURN got dreamcat, PS1 and now XBOX

- Does anyone have examples of a texture i can use for the plastic!

adldesigner 28-04-2003 12:03 AM

I went through Coleco Vision, then Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64 ... and now thanks to an 8-years old brother, a Gamecube. Excellent buys each and every one of them.

doodle 28-04-2003 01:01 AM

I'm a big N person too. And i prefer Mario over Sonic, but sonic does rock.

Recent consoles: PS2 & GameCube.
Fav last gen console was N64 :D

Alan 28-04-2003 01:33 AM

i had the huge atari the one before the 2600 it was MASSIVE! and pacman cost like £30!! those were the days!!! :D

I've got a PS 2 and a PS 1(gathering dust!), had a dreamcast, snes (pal and US), commodore 64 (Now there's a machine for you!!!)
Alan

adldesigner 28-04-2003 01:50 AM

Hey, I had a Commodore 64 too! Didn´t even remember the d*mn thing. Had a small red cartridge my dad would input software with. Lol, excellent computer. ;)

M 28-04-2003 04:09 AM

Hahaha, i know a friend that built a atari when he was in university.. pretty cool :). Anyways, for black plastic i suggest (probably already know this) make it not as black, more like a dark grey and make it an anistropic :). Well, thats what i would do.. probably would come out not too nice anyways.. haha. I recently added an ambient light to my scene though, and brought it up and north west from my object, when i rendered it off it gave it a nice look.. maybe also try that :). Just ideas. I will look around to see if i can find a black plastic shader

roach105 28-04-2003 12:31 PM

Hey M I will give that a try!