Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Little Bird (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24294)

happymat27 20-12-2006 04:02 PM

Little Bird

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I feel as though I've recovered from my last project now so I've decided to start another, let's hope that I can finish it too!!

I made this little bird this afternoon, my next job is to rig it. I should get that done tomorrow after I've braved the supermarket in search of Christmas food!

Cheers,

Mat.

arran 20-12-2006 04:59 PM

ha ha - very cute! you got another animation in mind or are you keeping everything under wraps?

NeoStrider 20-12-2006 05:08 PM

i do like the model because of its simplicity, but i've gotta say i think the eyes look a little buggy... almost like if he (she?) were to jump in the air they'd fall off *shrug*

happymat27 20-12-2006 06:34 PM

Thanks,

Arran: I hope to make this into an animation but I'm sure that everyone that knows me on this forum, by now realises that I start more work than I actually finish!!

NeoStrider: I know what you mean about the eyes, they remind me of one of those Furby things. I hope that once it's moving they won't look too bad, I don't think that it'll be too dificult to sort out if need be though (famous last words!!).

Take it easy,

Mat.

arran 20-12-2006 06:53 PM

ha ha - you get more finished than most mate!

As for the eyes, the model kind of reminded me of those little pipe cleaner plastic chicks that you used to get at easter with the glued on eyes that were usually pointing in different directions, if you know what I mean.

NeoStrider 20-12-2006 07:20 PM

now that i look at the pic again i think it's just cause the iris of the eye is so large compared with the rest of the eye... what would it look like if you added more white to the texture (to make the iris smaller)?

20-12-2006 07:33 PM

i want one...

i like the model, gives a lot of animation options,the buggy eyes are pretty cool too

1 crit right now is that the feathers look too sharp i think they should be puffier like down because it looks to me like its a chick

looks cool though:beer:

marlonjohn 21-12-2006 05:14 AM

haha another creation by matt which is amazing... looks like a cute character and will look fun when fully rigged up and animated.

Quote:

Originally posted by happymat27
I hope to make this into an animation but I'm sure that everyone that knows me on this forum, by now realises that I start more work than I actually finish!!
lol ... that seems to be my problem aswell, as soon as i get stuck into something cool and is neally finished, sometimes passes my mind and then i start to work on that while the other one just sits there and gathered dust on it,

marlonjohn 21-12-2006 05:14 AM

crap double posted, sorry... page didnt load so i double clicked on it again :angery:

happymat27 21-12-2006 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okey-Dokey,

Little Bird is now fully rigged and skinned. I've adjusted the Iris and lengthened the fur a touch, hopefully they look a little better now.

I've got an idea for a quick animation, nothing too ambitious so I'll have a bash at that later.

Cheers for your thoughts,

Mat.

happymat27 21-12-2006 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the rig controls if anyone is interested.

NeoStrider 21-12-2006 09:49 AM

and what does half of that crap do?

marlonjohn 21-12-2006 10:04 AM

cool, rigs looks pretty neat ... :) btw just curious, what do the things above the head do, never really seen them before.

"and what does half of that crap do?" they are controls for the character soo it is easy to animate... etc if he wants to move foward and then go on his tippy toes, its much easier doing it with the controls than it is click the joins and doing it individualy, it makes the animators life more easy if you get what i mean... correct me if im wrong guys, dont know how to better explain it in much more depth atm..

marlon

NeoStrider 21-12-2006 10:46 AM

well i understand the purpose of making the controls, i guess i was asking what each one did. blue and red rings around feet and wings, arrows all over the place, i'm just not familiar with what each one does.

happymat27 21-12-2006 10:58 AM

Ha! I laughed and spat biscuit on my keyboard when I read that last one of yours NeoStrider!!

THIS will show you what the controls do, I've added another one above the head since I took that last image.

I Hope it helps to make sense of the rig.

Mat.