Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Mayabatch stops (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16215)

Tim_LIVID 06-04-2005 11:11 AM

Mayabatch stops

This little problem is really annoying me, I start a batch render and then after a while it stops.

What I was wanting to know is what do I have running that could cause mayabatch to stop. Winamp, Media player, MSN, peer to peer stuff.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Cheers for your time

kbrown 06-04-2005 11:14 AM

Checked the render log for any hints? I'd guess that you're running out of mem...

Tim_LIVID 06-04-2005 12:00 PM

Bummer, I close Maya after I start the batch render, Is the log stoped anywhere else?

kbrown 06-04-2005 01:05 PM

by default it's in My Documents\maya\mayaRenderLog.txt

Tim_LIVID 06-04-2005 01:31 PM

Cheers, i'll have a look at that and see what it says.

:D

uberstonks 06-04-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID
I close Maya after I start the batch render, Is the log stoped anywhere else?
I didnt relaise you could do that. I always keep Maya open after starting a batch render..

Tim_LIVID 07-04-2005 10:44 AM

Yer, I always close Maya after starting a batch render becasue it speed's it up no end.

Have a look in your task manager (Ctrl - Alt - Delete) and look in the process section. This is also where I set the piroity to high when im not using my pc

Omni 14-05-2005 11:35 PM

This happens to me 2!

I recently bought a MAC dual G5 with 1G of Memory and and havent been able to have a sucesfull Batch Render yet. The process freezes every try, and always on a different frame.

My PC's render the same projects just fine.

Any advice?

alienscience 14-05-2005 11:49 PM

What format are you batch rendering in? If it is a high quality one then maybe you are running out of virtual memory (i dont really know what virtual memory is, but I know that batch renering uses it up and if you have it set to close a program that uses up all the virtual memory then it will just stop) I had this happen to me and couldn't find out what the problem was either, I think batch rendering is something that will be perfected in maya 7.

Omni 15-05-2005 04:01 PM

This is actually a OS X Tiger Problem

I found out after posting this yesterday, that other people are having the same problem with any version of Maya and OS X Tiger.

Still dont know exatly what causes it,(not the VM), but at least Tiger is a start.

Thanks for the reply...

Oh, and it stops when using any output method, even just something as simple as a rotating sphere will freeze during batch...

petrol 15-05-2005 04:51 PM

If you throw the MAC in the trash everything should work :p

alienscience 15-05-2005 10:52 PM

LOL, so true, so true.

Omni 16-05-2005 12:54 AM

Big Help that is.

I really try to stay out of those lame, MAC vs. PC wars, gets really old, Both have their advantages if you look at it objectivly...

It would be great if people on both sides didnt feel the need to defend what they owned, and actaully commented on the question asked..

Too much to ask?

alienscience 17-05-2005 12:18 AM

Well, you have to look at it at a techinical standpoint. Overall you get more bang for your buck with a PC. But I agree the war is pretty lame.

Tim_LIVID 17-05-2005 07:14 AM

I have a pc, never had a mac. Not to hot on what the difference is to be honest.