Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Carton Love [ Short movie ] (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34658)

ColdWave 24-11-2010 05:01 PM

Carton Love [ Short movie ]

1 Attachment(s)
here is a personal project i just started off.

Advices Welcomed !

Rhetoric Camel 24-11-2010 05:56 PM

I've seen images online of little box people like this. Can't wait to see a little animation made from these guys, looking good so far.

ColdWave 24-11-2010 07:14 PM

Yes i was inspired by one photographer who took pictures of boxy boy :P

Also here is the timewarp x30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwA_Jk_BnE0

If anyone is interested of my workstation and how i work..

p.s I have chewing gum!!!!! I'm not talkin` to myself :D

3ddon 25-11-2010 09:11 AM

looking good,
waiting 4 updates

Dango77 25-11-2010 09:35 AM

Looks cool Coldwave,I like the style of the characters!
Will be good to see what you have them doing.

Mayaniac 25-11-2010 12:18 PM

Yeah, nice render.

I didn't know you were 44!

ColdWave 25-11-2010 12:46 PM

Wtf 44 years ??? I'm 21 lol :D Am i lookin that old shit!

Mayaniac 25-11-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ColdWave
Wtf 44 years ??? I'm 21 lol :D Am i lookin that old shit!
No, I thought you looked young in your video, but your youtube profile has you at 44 and living in the US.

ColdWave 25-11-2010 01:29 PM

It's obviously fake Mayaniac : ))

i'll post some more progress 2 night just going for some drink and get down to work : P

Mayaniac 25-11-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ColdWave
It's obviously fake Mayaniac : ))

Really??? ;)

Nilla 03-12-2010 09:40 PM

sorry coldwave i just edited your post for thumbnail, you might want to add an additional image to the first post.

ColdWave 20-12-2010 06:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just finished the university tasks and get back to work. Shaped the mountains, add lights, new skydom etc..

C&C Welcomed.

mastone 24-12-2010 06:32 PM

Sure wouldn't want to piss off the green box he looks big and angry ;).
On that same pic I see that the rendered " floor" is blueish whilest de background( which is probably comped in is yellowish I would match the colors a bit more.
( keep in mind that the sun gives a hard direct yellowish light and depending on what the weather is, the atmosphere tends to give a blueish indirect light or a greyish one ( if the weather is crappy like here in the Netherlands) with soft shadows.

I don't know if the images are actual shots from your movie, but if it is, try to keep te characters on the same side of the screen on image 2 the yellow cardbox character is on the left while on the 3rd image it is on the right.

Looks promising though :)

Rhetoric Camel 27-12-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastone (Post 312016)
Sure wouldn't want to piss off the green box he looks big and angry ;).
On that same pic I see that the rendered " floor" is blueish whilest de background( which is probably comped in is yellowish I would match the colors a bit more.
( keep in mind that the sun gives a hard direct yellowish light and depending on what the weather is, the atmosphere tends to give a blueish indirect light or a greyish one ( if the weather is crappy like here in the Netherlands) with soft shadows.

I don't know if the images are actual shots from your movie, but if it is, try to keep te characters on the same side of the screen on image 2 the yellow cardbox character is on the left while on the 3rd image it is on the right.

Looks promising though :)

I agree about the colors of snow, but with the images 2 and 3, the yellow box is on the left because it's a shot from behind, then a shot from the front would make him be on the right. So that's fine the way it is.

mastone 27-12-2010 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhetoric Camel (Post 312142)
I agree about the colors of snow, but with the images 2 and 3, the yellow box is on the left because it's a shot from behind, then a shot from the front would make him be on the right. So that's fine the way it is.

Glad you agree about the snow :giggle:

I am not saying it is physically wrong that the characters switch sides it's not wise to do it when it comes to storytelling it makes it chaotic, I believe it's called negative axis or something like that, see the schematic image I have attached, when you stay out of the nogo area with your camera the characters, or in this case blue en red stay at their respective sides, hope this is clear if not watch some tv and look at a program with some dialoque you"ll see that camera people all around the world adhere to this rule ( except Bollywood those guys do everything LOL)