Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Blueprint Request - dinos (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3456)

Kevin 24-01-2003 01:11 PM

Blueprint Request - dinos

Im on the hunt for some dinosaur print ...might be hard for the blueprints but maybe some good quality side and front shots.... really after the t-rex - raptor type images, but any will do :)

cheers

brian_ellebracht 24-01-2003 01:13 PM

I was having the same issue when I started my Raptor. If you check out my post in the wip section, there are a couple links stated that others have sugested on the first page. Hope this helps,
Brian

BTW if you by anychance find a very helpful link, please let me know. :D

mumbojumbo_13 24-01-2003 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here kev
side on t-rex the link is for the full size image like 2000x1000 or sumfin HUGE:
http://www.discreet.com/images/produ...ta_image29.jpg

Kevin 24-01-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
I was having the same issue when I started my Raptor. If you check out my post in the wip section, there are a couple links stated that others have sugested on the first page. Hope this helps,
Brian

BTW if you by anychance find a very helpful link, please let me know. :D

and to think I moan at every one else for not using the search LOL

GREAT image mumbo thx!!!

NitroLiq 24-01-2003 01:47 PM

Hi Kev,

Not a blueprint but something you may be interested in anyway. There's a book called Modeling Digital Dinosaurs written by one of the guys that worked on Jurassic Park II. It's written to be a general 3d modeling/texturing book, though the guy uses Lightwave for his examples....comes with a cd-rom with textures and images and whatnot. Got good reviews at Amazon.

Pete

Kevin 24-01-2003 02:39 PM

that is a most have for me mate... Im really getting into the dinosaur modeling at the moment and want to do a few tutorials on it...

everyone loves a big mean t-rex!! so i just need some prints!

I might even draw them as i really want to get on!

cheers for the link mate

3djoe 24-01-2003 03:00 PM

I had that pic as my backgrond last month!:cool:
I downloaded it when another forum was bashing that pic saying the texture sucked.:confused:
I thought it was great

Kevin 24-01-2003 03:11 PM

joe what forum was bashing it? common... name and shame

brian_ellebracht 24-01-2003 04:32 PM

Hey kev, If you need any tutorials on Dinosaur Modeling, or any other kind of tutorial, let me know, send me a message, you have seen my stuff here and there around the forum,. Not sure if my stuff is good enough, but I just thought that I would offer. I know that we had talked about the compositing thing in the past before the tutorial that you have now came out. Thanks,
Brian

Kevin 24-01-2003 04:39 PM

might be geeeing a html section of tutorials on the board soon mate... talked about it for a long time but never done it!...

would that interest you at all?

3djoe 24-01-2003 05:26 PM

Kevin:
It was someone on 3DBuzz they were saying it looks to plastic

Kevin 24-01-2003 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 3djoe
Kevin:
It was someone on 3DBuzz they were saying it looks to plastic

seriously? lol - did they have one the same under it with "better skin" lol

personally it looks pretty good to me!

Kevin 29-01-2003 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey mumbo.. just to let you know that your dino hunting hard work was not in vein!

I have just started pulling the basic head shape out, about 30 mins so far, Ill keep you updated

mumbojumbo_13 29-01-2003 11:49 AM

ooh i just want to see it eat cartoon mike when your finished :D no offense mike

Kevin 29-01-2003 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mumbojumbo_13
ooh i just want to see it eat cartoon mike when your finished :D no offense mike
lol, now that would be quite a feast :D