Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Audrey (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35363)

Jay 27-03-2011 08:26 PM

Audrey

2 Attachment(s)
Hey All

Its been a while since I did any non sci fi stuff (work related and personal). So I thought I'd keep the brain from going stale and do a portfolio piece.

Thought I'd do a 3d 'portrait' of the late great actress/model Audrey Hepburn. She was probably one of the most beautiful women to grace the planet. I been roughing it out for a week or so with alot of camera planes in the scene to strike a medium on getting her look right as best I can. I'll be doing lots of camera tweaks for a while yet as line up is critucal for this type of work, its actually pretty much creating a digital double minus a scan.

anyway I'll update as and when I can

Jay

Nilla 28-03-2011 01:48 AM

Great project, I look forward to this. She was truly wonderful "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is one of my all time favorite movies. There is a special kind of magic around Audrey Hepburn, so incredibly beautiful.

bullet1968 28-03-2011 07:30 AM

Never really watched her movies mate...but good subject...back when women had beauty that didnt need a trowel to make look beautiful...she was a natural...as was another great who just passed, Elizabeth Taylor...another beautiful woman....good luck with it Jay...I will watch...

cheers bullet

Jay 28-03-2011 09:20 AM

Thanks Nilla and Bullet

Yeah she did have that 'magic', no question about it. I'll try and post an update later, I'm still doing camera line ups and want to bring in more.

Bullet, Yeah you need to watch Breakfast at Tiffanys mate, and also catch My Fair Lady, that was the first one I ever watched, all good stuff, the good old classics!!!

cheers
Jay

bullet1968 28-03-2011 09:53 AM

LOL I dont mind the classics mate dont worry!!! I watched Guns of Navarone a couple of weeks back...my missus went 'uuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh'...LOL and Run Silent Run Deep a while back...man I think I posted it here somewhere...so much admiration for the art guys...no digital back then man...all made by hand...what a skill!!

I will watch this mate dont worry...she is gorgeous...

cheers bullet

G-Man 28-03-2011 03:28 PM

will be keeping my eey on this one too mate. looks like a great start so far.
G-man

Mayaniac 28-03-2011 09:16 PM

Will be cool to see the progress on this one.

Jay 29-03-2011 07:27 AM

Thanks Guys, well its going to take a while I think to do but also work work is ramping up for the final gallop toward the end of the film too, but I'll be doing as much as I can on this to keep my sanity from spaceships n stuff LOL. Hopefully update soon, tonight with a bit of luck

Jay

tweetytunes 29-03-2011 08:35 AM

That really does look like the perfect topology head there and the likeness is already there - even at this early stage.

One thing though (nothing to do with your work) - I never noticed how big her nose is before - that front view image you have makes it look like she played rugby or something. I`m betting she would have that fixed if she was a film star today.

Jay 29-03-2011 09:04 AM

Cheers Tweety

Yeah it is I guess, but the good thing is it doesnt make her less beautiful thank goodness.

Cheers
Jay

Vortexx 29-03-2011 10:29 AM

Jay, When you start charater modeling the face do you start with planes or poly squares ?

gster123 29-03-2011 03:50 PM

Very nice Jay!

Looking forward to the rest of this one.

Steve

Jay 29-03-2011 05:13 PM

Vortexx: Cube mate

Hey Steve, been while mate, hope all is well. Cheers Dude!!

Jay

Jay 30-03-2011 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bit of an update. Mirrored the geo across for more adjustments to cameras after initial start, head has been widened and the chin adjusted. Have adjust lips slightly too at the corners, plus bought the brows down more and added geo for later on.

Mesh has been pulled around a fair bit, so will tidy that tomorrow hopefully before cracking on again

cheers
Jay

G-Man 30-03-2011 02:26 AM

Looks good mate..
Maybe one of these days i'll get over my fear of organics and give it a shot.

G-man