Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   maya license transfer? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449)

philip - liquid.arts 05-10-2002 11:13 AM

maya license transfer?

hi all,

is there anyone having experinces with transferring a maya license? especially transferring a US license to europe (germany in my case).

the reason I ask is because there is a pretty interesting ebay auction right now: maya unlimited

the seller only ships to the US but I have some trusty people that could do this transaction for me.

only I don't want to put several k USD at risk for not being able to get a german/european license.

oh, and of course this auction might be pretty interesting to some of you too :D

mrmacca 05-10-2002 12:43 PM

As far as i'm aware licences are not transferrable at all. Even within one country.

philip - liquid.arts 05-10-2002 01:00 PM

well, I just got an email reply from the seller, here's what he wrote:

"Heres what comes with the program. This one CD contains all 4 CDs that the retail version has. Yes, this is a copy that i bought from my school. Anyway, it has a license generator so you can register it under your own name on multiple computers. In a TXT file, manuals and instructions are listed which also include licensing instructions. And yes i do have a picture. Ill have to scan it after i get off work tomarrow. Sorry, no box or books. Its just a CD in a jewel case the way i bought it. Thanks for your interest!

-Rich"

guess that explains it all...
...can you say warez?

kbrown 05-10-2002 01:20 PM

Eh...I wouldn't buy it...

Roman 05-10-2002 08:52 PM

am not sure either..:confused:

mrmacca 05-10-2002 10:32 PM

Well it's an illegal copy. Even if it's copied from a legit copy, which i seriously doubt anyway. I wouldn't give any money for it.

philip - liquid.arts 06-10-2002 12:20 AM

well, that's what I meant by the warez-statement; obviously it's an illegal copy; I never heard of a|w shipping license generators...

oh, and the seller suggested to make a copy of the copy if I was still interested in buying it. go figure.

I just wonder what the final buyer will do if he expected a legit copy...

guess I'll stick with a|w directly.

:D

Roman 06-10-2002 01:46 AM

yea.. that would be the best thing to do.. :D

Kevin 06-10-2002 07:52 AM

hi phillips... no mate dont get it, I mean it looks totally illegal, and I wouldn`t pay for an illegal copy for sure.

dam... i just looked at the site, looks like the guy made $660 for a cd burn lol

badbunny 07-10-2002 07:06 PM

hehe... maybe we could get some for the shop ?

BLADE 07-10-2002 08:34 PM

lol....if we do the shop thing i'll bringthe license generator.....

JUST JOKING KEV>>lol

blip 10-10-2002 02:30 AM

I don't support warez (though I am guilty of doing it before, as most people here probably are) but this is just plain stupid and illegal. I mean, isn't the essence of warez 'free software.' Selling warezed software is so stupid.

badbunny 10-10-2002 07:18 PM

Yah... totally with you on that

moocow 17-10-2002 03:24 PM

THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT A LEGAL COPY!!!

Don't you dare pay sh*t for that. Report him to EBay, get his ass busted. What the hell's he doing selling someone else's product?