Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Vectorman VS Fredrickson (Tourny continued) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7685)

Vectorman 28-08-2003 05:49 PM

Vectorman VS Fredrickson (Tourny continued)

Okay, you were busy during that last week of the tournament. This is truly dissapointing, but we can all understand, because its hard to justify to people in real life spending hours and hours on maya. Especially when we have important things to do!

But that does not matter, for although bjorn thought he had escaped the clutches of vectorman, when M posted that the tourny could not be postponed, he had not! For Vector had posted a new thread in the battle arena........

Model a Bathroom. Public or private, big or small. One built for Bill Gates, or one built for a $100 per month studio apartment in downtown New York.

Type - All (polys, subds, nurbs)

Textures - Yes

Time limit - ONE WEEK

Must show progress shots and wireframes.

fredriksson 28-08-2003 06:24 PM

Sure, I can do this. Next week then... Prepare to meet your maker Vectorman.

fredriksson 01-09-2003 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bathroomsink.

Witchy 01-09-2003 07:58 PM

Nice start! I like the plughole. The front edge looks a tad square. Nice texture though.

fredriksson 01-09-2003 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Small update.

fredriksson 01-09-2003 09:11 PM

Witchy, not sure what you mean with square, please elaborate.

Witchy 02-09-2003 01:43 AM

The edges on the front coners looked a bit square/ sharp in that first shot, but in the second they seem fine. Must have been the angle, unless you were smoothing or something. Nice tap btw.

fredriksson 02-09-2003 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the comments Witchy. I did some more today. I have a special concept in mind, but I'll just model the bathroom first.

Vectorman 03-09-2003 04:31 PM

HEY WAIT! You started without me ! oh god its all my fault tho, i've not had the internet for almost a week now. Ug i feel kinda stupid. I will try to get something done now.

Witchy 03-09-2003 04:51 PM

Nice update Fred.

Might the bath have a splash panel at the tap end to avoid water going on the floor behind the bath? That shower looks great.

Not sure about the tile on the floor and the walls - might just be because the tiles are the same size - perhaps a bigger one on the floor? The soap looks a weeny bit flat.

Overall that's looking very good, look forward to updates. Hope you don't mind the suggestions; is fun following you along as you produce some really jolly stuff.

Vectorman 03-09-2003 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
now that i checked the times, it doesn't really look like you waited a whole week? the other challenge was supposed to end on the 3rd, that was why i didn't think i had to start until today. So i made an effort to get on the net and it worked. I dunno, guess i'll have to play catchup.

guess this is worth a post, but i gotta goto work so i'll see yall after.

Witchy 03-09-2003 07:08 PM

And they are off! Nice start Vector.

fredriksson 03-09-2003 07:31 PM

Vector, I'm sorry if I misunderstood what date we were supposed to start. I stated that I couldn't do anything last week, so when I had moved here and got into gear I assumed I could start this monday. Good luck, and hope you have fun.

M 05-09-2003 05:47 AM

Hey, its looking great to both of you! Vectorman, just try to smooth out those corners of the sink a bit :thumbsup:. When is this battle ending. Have a specific date? If so i'll start up a poll for it. If i cant get a poll up and running on this thread seeing it didnt have one from the start.. then it would have to be a poll on a seperate thread. Keep it up, both of you =D.

fredriksson 05-09-2003 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Update.