Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   center points (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20842)

mmoore5553 27-03-2006 01:04 AM

center points

1 Attachment(s)
i have been battling with this for awile and want to know how to fix it . how to i put back the huge engine to total center ? and also how do i put center point back to center ? also when i made poly sphere it didnt go in center either. i have attached the file and wonndering how to do it ? anyone know let me know ... i know some have tried to help but just testing this out and still not getting it correctly .

mmoore5553 27-03-2006 01:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
also here is another when i join the parts ...i cant get center point to be the same and then duplicate it over correctly. i know this is a huge problem but cant get it correctly done. need simple step by step instructions please ... both are same issues i believe . i combine the wing and then main part and then duplicate center is off . If you just duplicate you will see . i cant figure out how to get it straighten out. i know some of you have told me but still unable to do it . oh i have not combine the wing and main body yet. you can do that to see what I am talking about

magicsy 27-03-2006 07:27 AM

hey ok dude, to get ure tool center u need to press modify, centre pivot.
and the reason the object u were trying to duplicate was not working is cause u had a negative 1 in Z axis is the duplcate option box. Now here's what to do.

Either combine or group your object together, Group works fine if u still want ure geometry to be seperate. which is Crtl + G
Now press Modify/Center Pivot.
Now go into front view press the Insert key. now where ure move tool was a little ball will show there. Line this up with the end of ure object Example.....where, the actual middle would be if both sides of the fighter were showing.Now go into top veiw and make sure its in the midddle of the fighter there too.Hit insert again to change back to normal mode :)
Now go to Edit/Duplicate/Option box. in the scale box First 1 which is X put -1.000 now hit duplicate and its done. :)
Add me to ure Msn mate if u have any further problems.

magicsy 27-03-2006 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the insert been used.

magicsy 27-03-2006 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and heres it done.

mmoore5553 27-03-2006 01:46 PM

thanks mate ..will try it when i get home . i have had several people explain but still an issue . also I have tried and it worked perfect. i kept forgetting to go to front view before, i was trying to do it in perspective mode . i use index and held the x key or v lol .... too early in the morning to snap it to the grid . It finally worked correctly . i will try again tonight to make sure everything is working correctly and i didnt just have some luck creep in.

just wondering when you model do you leave everything on center ? x , y , z ? i mean when i was doing main body of shift. i changed it to all zero's but the wings i changed everythign to zero's but the "x " axis . Is this good practice so everything lines up easy ?

magicsy 27-03-2006 02:26 PM

not really u can do freeze transformations which will set all the stuff u selected which go to zero then.