Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Jeep Rubicon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7788)

RickStefani 04-09-2003 07:07 AM

Jeep Rubicon

1 Attachment(s)
I usually go to threedy but visited here for fun. Desided to post my current project.

RickStefani 04-09-2003 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is from the back. Some of these are actually older.

RickStefani 04-09-2003 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the driver.

RickStefani 04-09-2003 07:11 AM

Sorry for the size of the last one.

brian_ellebracht 04-09-2003 11:51 AM

A Jeep Rubicon !!!! GRRR., you beat me to it :) Looks great!!! NIce work, are you going to spend more time on textures??? I like it alot, the model it top notch,
Brian

TheGreenGiant 04-09-2003 01:00 PM

talk about furry. What is up with his beard? There's a bit of texture seaming on his jacket too.

The 1st 2 renders are stunning!!!

RickStefani 04-09-2003 02:45 PM

Brian, I checked out your jeep and you did a great job. The animation is sweet. I saw your jeep a while back on 3Dtotal. Your compliments mean a lot. I am now started on the textures. The jeep was a generic one until it was done being modelled.

TheGreenGiant, Thanks, I do have a bit to do on his jacket and T-shirt. I wanted to do a beard but all the attempts with hair and paint effects just did not look right. I am stuck with stuble for the moment. Also it is going to be weird to composite. I guess I could convert them into polies.

RickStefani 12-10-2003 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got Maya 5.0 to work. Here is a render. Time to start the texturing.

mtmckinley 12-10-2003 05:34 PM

Very nice. :) Like GreenGiant so eloquently put it, the character has some texture issues, but overall, cool stuff!

orgeeizm 12-10-2003 05:59 PM

duuddde..thats friggin awesome!! its soo detailed!! ( kshhhhh *roger that* we got another brian ellebracht here captain ) ...damn did you have the real thing or something? How did you get all the little details?

RickStefani 13-10-2003 12:07 AM

Computer:mingun:

mtmckinley, Thanks and Ya. the texturing neads work.

orgeeizm, Thanks. I do have a jeep but not the rubicon. I do not know if I would go so far as another brian ellebracht but thanks.

Now for the bad news. I was able to get three renders before Maya desided it did not want to render agin. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am about to see how well a monitor flies.

orgeeizm 13-10-2003 04:20 AM

What happend? How is it not working?!??

RickStefani 13-10-2003 04:30 AM

The model was started in Maya 4.0. Now I am using 5.01. I keep getting a "not enough Storage is available to Proccess this comand" or, cannot start thread 2, then 3 then 4 and so on. Next comes the all to familiar Bass windows tone of a C++ run time error. I have tried almost everything. Complete reboots, installs. Export and imports.

orgeeizm 13-10-2003 05:30 AM

What operating system are you running? What service pack? What updates? What OTHER programs in the background?...

I have WinXP...8 services activated, it shows 12 on taskbar though..SP1, NEVER Connected to the internet...and runs fast and stable...I had Linux, it was better...i will switch because i know now that I HATE Texturing, so no need for photoshop no more.

RickStefani 13-10-2003 06:03 AM

XP sp1. All found updates installed. No other programs run in the background. It just does not make sense. Vertial set at 3 gig. 1 gig DDR400 dual channel. Second computer networked for the internet? Same here. I have checked and rechecked the swap setings and locations. The whole scene is polies. Been exported as a ASCII and then back to MB to clean up. Deleted the history and optimized the scene. No texture file images in the scene. Nothing to be safe.