Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Urban Combat:2050 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9625)

RickStefani 02-01-2004 06:58 PM

Urban Combat:2050

1 Attachment(s)
Time to go back to Sci-fi. For a little bit.

In the year 2032 combat on the traditional battlefield is almost all but gone. Battles have become hit and run tactics on tight streets and mountain terrain. Tradition tanks and APC’s are vulnerable with limited maneuvering capabilities on tight streets and canyons. Attack helicopters are also sitting ducks with all the tall buildings and cliffs. Many times the initial attach would be only to bring in the air support which was the intended target.

The dilemma was answered in the year 2045 with the first Urban Combat chassis. The UCC’s ability to walk over road blocks and up overpasses as well as duck behind obsticals and move like a man made it the ultimate vehicle to combat this threat. Although still limited to hardened roads and hard rocky terrain, in limited testing with a newly designed foot, it was found to be unstoppable through forest terrain sense it does not need a clear path. Its ability to walk around trees and step over trenches and up waterfall made its assets apparent. More testing and rigging is required.

The basic design called for a standard walking chassis and the ability to change out the turret for deferent missions. Show here as a tank and bunker buster, it has several deferent variants. The common chassis and power plant was done for faster and more efficient repairs and re supply. The first units rolled off the assembly line in January, 2050.

Stats;

Fusion power core, Raw 25,000 HP
Weight, 85 Tons
Height 30 ft

Armament;

120 mm smooth bore gauss rifle
50 cal. coaxial machine gun
Surface to surface Hellfire IV missiles
Double 20 mm plasma pulse cannons.

Crew; 3

Driver, Gunner, Commander

RickStefani 02-01-2004 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the front

fredriksson 02-01-2004 08:46 PM

That looks like a huge juicy target. Still cool though.

dave_baer 02-01-2004 09:42 PM

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged.. uh... meks... :D

Nice concept. MODEL! :D

Pony 03-01-2004 12:56 AM

I like the little story behind it. Really nice concept. In keeping with your ideas though I was wandering if you would think its a good idea to change the placement of the 50 cal ? like eather higher or on the sides somewhare becouse it dosn't look like it has any defences that could like take something out that gets close to its legs ? If I was up against that I would send just a person to sneak out from the corner of a bilding and put some explosives on the legs.

MainlineX 03-01-2004 12:09 PM

Nice concept

twisteddragon33 03-01-2004 08:55 PM

i agree with pony on the explosives. Possibly place a chaingun or small mounted mechine gun on the under carriage with high manueverability to take out straglers underfoot.

Also waste not want not. With all the space the legs take up with their size you could easily make then have a second purpose. Possibly a platform on one so non crew membered soldiers could hitch a ride, or a small mounted gun. So on.

Chipper 04-01-2004 01:28 AM

Hey great concept...love the ideas...good luck cant wait to see some stuff modelled on this.

RickStefani 05-01-2004 07:45 PM

Thanks eveyone. It is a big target but not as easy to pin down as another tank. A tank cannot drive over another destroyed tank. Whenever armour is made better the missiles get larger. We lost a couple tanks though multiple RPG hits. From what I heard multiple is an understatement but they were still imoblazed.

Maybe I drew the legs a bit to bowlegged.

Pony, this is more of a hardened bunker or tank buster. AP rounds. There will be a Infantry fighting vehicle with five turret gunners. Lower caliber but more of an anti-personal Mech. and there will also be a fire support mech. Longer range missiles and a gattling GPS guided morter launcher. You plug in the fire line and the launcher will fire up to 300 mortars at a rate of 30,000 rounds/second. All guided along a set fall line. perfectly fire over buildings or other obsicles and drop down tunnels or elivator shafts.

One thing I was thinking about was having 9 mm guns inside the feet that fire through holes. Sort of a flower pattern. Someone approches the feet and it is a proximity counter measure.

There will also have to be resupply vehicles and some air cover which I also have sketched up. I do not have that with me though.

twisteddragon33 05-01-2004 09:06 PM

cool. we going to see any modeling yet?

RickStefani 05-01-2004 10:12 PM

Not yet. I am working out the hydrolics and such. I will have it well laid out before I start. Lets scrapping and remodeling that way. I am actually fine tuning the Toad right now. This thing is my side project.

Pony 05-01-2004 10:48 PM

sounds like you have it covered. LOL coolness.. it will be great modeled.

RickStefani 09-12-2004 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I started it. I changed the design a bit.

RickStefani 09-12-2004 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

RickStefani 09-12-2004 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)