Simply Maya User Community
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 Last »

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Simply Maya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tutorials you'd like to see (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34736)

tommyp 25-01-2011 03:12 AM

Gamming, Movies
 
What i would love too see for a tutorials would be.
1)Armor
2)Wepons, other then a sword
3)Sheild, etc..........
Stuff that can be used for gamming and movies.
See i cant' afford to go a college so not knowing whats' the right way or the wrong way to creat item the gamming or movie world would be great. so i hope anyone of you guys can creat these items and descibe what it take to make it for theses buisnees. This is only a wish and thank you. Tom

tatvagna 25-01-2011 02:40 PM

Could you plz give some tutorials on syflex for maya

Jay 25-01-2011 03:45 PM

Theres already a rifle tute

danielames 09-08-2011 12:46 PM

I would like to see some advanced physics simulation tutorials in Maya. I mean, more than just a bouncing ball. I'm thinking along the lines of a car engine with a rotating crankshaft and working pistons, turning gears in a transmission, turning a drive shaft which drives gears in a rear differential which turns the wheels which makes the car move forward. All driven by fields that push down on the pistons at the correct times. Also, a simulated steering system, and a simple shifting mechanism to reverse the drive shaft rotation without having to reverse the engine rotation.

All done with rigid bodies, each part's movement caused by another part - pure physics, no cheating with constraints or key frames. Of course, one would want to bake the animation at some point, but that's not the point of the tutorial.

That's just an example. It need not be a car. Just something that really covers most of the "gotchas" on physics sims. It may seem like too much on paper, but I don't see that it's any more tedious than say, the victorian house tut (which is an excellent beginner tut, btw :) ).

Pretty please? :)

Jay 09-08-2011 01:48 PM

It wouldnt even be done with a physics sim in a production house. It would be all scripted and driven.

J

murambi 09-08-2011 03:58 PM

Hi if its possible to have a commandline rendering tutorial for maya 2010 and upwards

David 09-08-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murambi (Post 323518)
Hi if its possible to have a commandline rendering tutorial for maya 2010 and upwards

I'll take that one I'll even put it out free :) Expect it in the next week or so.

Dave

David 09-08-2011 06:49 PM

@danielames

Not going to happen with Maya, as Jay said just not the way it's done. However we do have some more Dynamics tutorials planed hopefully that will get you going in the right direction.

Dave :)

korvic 10-08-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 311134)
Any requests please put them in here thanks.

Dave :)

I would love to see more Maya dynamics, rigging, more realistic texturing, animation and batch rendering.

I think...:happy: heck, I'll probably buy the tutorial anyway no matter what it is about!:)

danielames 15-08-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 323523)
@danielames

Not going to happen with Maya, as Jay said just not the way it's done. However we do have some more Dynamics tutorials planed hopefully that will get you going in the right direction.

Dave :)

Fair enough. So how about this... a tut that will do something complex like what I mentioned, but done like a professional studio would do it - all scripted and driven, as J said.

My ulterior motive is, (you guessed it), I'm trying to make a complex sim with many moving parts, with each part's behavior relying on another part further up the "chain", if you will. About a week has passed since I posted the original tut suggestion, and I've since successfully made the sim with scripting and animation clips. It was all a crash course for me, but I learned a TON! Lots of research, reading the docs, trial and error, etc. My only saving grace was that I'm already a programmer so it didn't take me long to start banging out scripts to control everything.

BUT!... I'm still a Maya n00b, and as such, I'm really left wondering if I did it 'right', or if the way I did it is the most inefficient, newbie mess as ever there was. :happy: I'll be doing a lot more of this kind of simulation from here on, so if I could see how it's done by a real pro, I'm positive that it would dramatically improve my workflow.

Anyway, I know it's a lot to ask. Thanks for the chance to make a suggestion!

Jay 16-08-2011 09:10 AM

I sure it could be done, but not from myself...I dont script unfortunately, well a little but not in a big way to make that work

J

Nilla 20-08-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielames (Post 323731)
Fair enough. So how about this... a tut that will do something complex like what I mentioned, but done like a professional studio would do it - all scripted and driven, as J said.

My ulterior motive is, (you guessed it), I'm trying to make a complex sim with many moving parts, with each part's behavior relying on another part further up the "chain", if you will. About a week has passed since I posted the original tut suggestion, and I've since successfully made the sim with scripting and animation clips. It was all a crash course for me, but I learned a TON! Lots of research, reading the docs, trial and error, etc. My only saving grace was that I'm already a programmer so it didn't take me long to start banging out scripts to control everything.

BUT!... I'm still a Maya n00b, and as such, I'm really left wondering if I did it 'right', or if the way I did it is the most inefficient, newbie mess as ever there was. :happy: I'll be doing a lot more of this kind of simulation from here on, so if I could see how it's done by a real pro, I'm positive that it would dramatically improve my workflow.

Anyway, I know it's a lot to ask. Thanks for the chance to make a suggestion!

Hi danielames, check this out because I think you'll found it interesting and I just spent seven minutes finding it for you :)

http://graphics.pixar.com/library/An...Cook/paper.pdf

In chapter 1 there's a lot of information about how they went about simulating vegetables and garbage, and it's quite fascinating how much time and how many people work on something most people would never think there was much to when they went to the cinema. This is Pixar of course and the budget is huge, but the point here is that both small and large studios will find custom solutions to complex simulations so there is no industry right way to do it, it's what works best and renders faster. Also Maya is used for film and tv so accuracy is not so important, if you were doing this for a car manufacturer that wanted it to be exact you'd be using cad based software or something else.

If you post up your work in the WIP section you'll probably get some good tips from other people in terms of workflow as it's more specific.

NextDesign 20-08-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielames (Post 323507)
I would like to see some advanced physics simulation tutorials in Maya. I mean, more than just a bouncing ball. I'm thinking along the lines of a car engine with a rotating crankshaft and working pistons, turning gears in a transmission, turning a drive shaft which drives gears in a rear differential which turns the wheels which makes the car move forward. All driven by fields that push down on the pistons at the correct times. Also, a simulated steering system, and a simple shifting mechanism to reverse the drive shaft rotation without having to reverse the engine rotation.

All done with rigid bodies, each part's movement caused by another part - pure physics, no cheating with constraints or key frames. Of course, one would want to bake the animation at some point, but that's not the point of the tutorial.

That's just an example. It need not be a car. Just something that really covers most of the "gotchas" on physics sims. It may seem like too much on paper, but I don't see that it's any more tedious than say, the victorian house tut (which is an excellent beginner tut, btw :) ).

Pretty please? :)

This would be quite simple actually if you used constraints smartly. Mostly just orient and aim constraints.

danielames 22-08-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss_Nova (Post 324108)
Hi danielames, check this out because I think you'll found it interesting and I just spent seven minutes finding it for you :)

Thanks! I just read the first chapter and you're absolutely right about me finding it interesting! Ratatoulle is definitely one of my favorites and the explanations in the pdf are as fascinating as the movie itself. :) I will definitely apply some of the principles into my own work later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss_Nova (Post 324108)
If you post up your work in the WIP section you'll probably get some good tips from other people in terms of workflow as it's more specific.

Done: http://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36209

Thanks again, Miss_Nova! I really appreciate it. :)

danielames 22-08-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NextDesign (Post 324124)
This would be quite simple actually if you used constraints smartly. Mostly just orient and aim constraints.

Hmmm... interesting... I'll definitely have to tinker around with your idea. I have very very little experience with constraints. If you don't mind, please see the project I just posted in the WIP area: http://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36209. This will give you a better idea of the kind of sims I'm going for. I wonder if this project would be an ideal candidate for constraints?

Thanks, NextDesign!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 AM.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Simply Maya 2018