Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Windows 7 Programs & Applications (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33589)

dainejhone 13-01-2010 04:50 AM

Windows 7 Programs & Applications

Windows 7 doesn't include as many built-in applications as Windows XP/Vista did. It no longer comes with Windows Mail, Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, or Messenger. To get these applications, you now have to download them from the Windows Live Essentials package, which is available for free and from the Windows 7 Getting Started window. This is a good thing in a way because it cuts down on Windows 7's bloat and allows more user personalization in having only the programs they want.
Microsoft includes the newest beta version of Internet Explorer (IE) with Windows 7, IE 8.0 beta. The interface is mostly unchanged from IE 7 and still includes tabs and the address bar and search bar in one toolbar. Rendering of Web pages has been improved with IE 8 beta due to improved compatibility with Web standards. There is a new feature in IE 8 called Suggested Sites. While browsing, you can click on a drop down that will search a database and provide you with links to sites that are similar to the site you are currently viewing.

NextDesign 15-01-2010 06:00 AM

Ummm..... Your point?

Chirone 15-01-2010 09:33 AM

you know what?

i never even noticed.

i don't even remember doing anything related to such things.

heck i don't even know how to use or setup email clients.

gubar 15-01-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NextDesign
Ummm..... Your point?
Some helpfull information for fellow members thinking of upgrading?

stwert 15-01-2010 05:35 PM

After much consideration, I have come to the conclusion that it was intended as a reply to the thread just previous.

To my chagrine, I did download windows movie maker as part of windows live... *sniff* I won't do it again. I just needed a quick movie editor and my premier elements wasn't working with 7. Now I have premier pro though (WMM begone!).

G-Man 15-01-2010 06:29 PM

Bah, windows...
I'm thinking of setting my next rig up on 'Nux...
g-man

stwert 15-01-2010 07:31 PM

You mean 'Nix?? I'm not up on this slang :p

Gen 15-01-2010 07:46 PM

Actually I think that user is a bot :/

G-Man 15-01-2010 07:50 PM

I thought it would be Nux?....isn't it spelled Linux?
Dunno...
I just started to research the issue a few days ago.
Sadly i am an Avid gamer and i'd still have to have a windows partition on my hard drive for the gaming aspect of life. as i don't feel like going through the hassells of looking for Nux compatible Games.

and...did i just get accused of being a bot?..o.O
ME???!?!?!...accused of Botulism?....wow...that's...SimplyInsane

G-man

stwert 15-01-2010 08:33 PM

Oh yeah, sorry... I was thinking Unix/Linux which is sometimes called *nix I think as a general area. And don't worry about Genny... she thinks everyone's a bot :p

EDIT: And gaming... you could try a virtual machine on linux maybe. I don't know how well it would work for gaming. I guess it would depend on RAM and CPU for a virtual windows OS. Or just stick with consoles?

Gen 16-01-2010 12:25 AM

Lol no not you, I'm referring to the thread starter. I noticed a couple of his other posts and they seemed a little random. So :p Stwert.

:blush:

G-Man 16-01-2010 12:43 AM

Bah, consoles are only good for wery few space flight sims, Rock band / guitar hero, and Survival horror....

Have to have a computer for RTS and FPS, and other Strategy / Simulation games.
It's a must.

and Sorry Genny, guess the timing of the posts didn't work out right for me to understand that. But i knew it would be Insane for someone to call me a Bot..LoL

G-man

Gen 16-01-2010 12:57 AM

Well looking back on how it worded it, I can see how the confusion happened. Its all good :)

NextDesign 16-01-2010 05:09 AM

I think it would have been Nix as well, as people, at least here in Canada, pronounce it Lin-icks.

Rhetoric Camel 16-01-2010 06:27 AM

if you go to linux, you'll want a 64-bit machine if you're going to run Maya in it. I want to but I need to get a new computer. I like Ubuntu and soon I can switch over to Linux as my main OS.