Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   YEEEEHAW!!! GOT MAYA 4.5 unlim (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3466)

tariqrf 24-01-2003 05:26 PM

YEEEEHAW!!! GOT MAYA 4.5 unlim

maya 4.5 Unlimited's fluids rock!!! i justed tested it and i could not beleive my eyes... i made an ocean.... so darn easy... but i really did not like the Maya's startup image....

incase you were wondering from where i got the money to buy it... my neighbour.... yes my neighbour, a rich arab bought it for me as a gift.... as i am leaving for india in march forever, and he is going to germany.... he said he wanted to give me this one last gift... man was i awed!!!!

Kurt 24-01-2003 05:28 PM

Lucky my 4.5 complete will be in on monday....

tariqrf 24-01-2003 05:30 PM

complete???? damn!! even maya emperors dont get unlimited... lucky me

GCastro 24-01-2003 05:34 PM

Congrats man!!!

Maybe I should get to know my neigbors :)

Wow man, that was really generous of him! How'd he know you needed Maya? and not just maya, but maya unlimited?

So, what did you get him? hehe..

tariqrf 24-01-2003 05:57 PM

bcoz its me who tought him how to use the computer and got him deeply into it... one day, he say this maya icon on my desktop and he told me to show it to him.... and i went a bit too in depth about the topic... and now he knows how to make simple polygon models and all that.. but he was'nt a 3d-hobbyist, i could say...

.:Edit

and btw, we are really good friends so he know what is want... i admit he is very older to me.. but age does not make an issue here :D

NitroLiq 24-01-2003 06:13 PM

Now learn how to create an ocean without using fluids or maya ocean ;)

el-ignoramus 25-01-2003 09:16 AM

Congrats tariqrf, see how generous we arabs are :D

OK I got mine like 45 days ago, but I 'm so dead busy in work that I 'm only in the Door, and knob rotation level :banghead: :banghead:

Well back to the old Network server for sopme script debugging then, and back to MAYA 4.5 Unlimited feels good to own it though:banana: :banana:

tariqrf 25-01-2003 01:49 PM

yeah mohammed, kaif halak ya habibi..;)....... anyway... i really like the hospitality and the way they treat us.... although i will be going to india sometime in march or april, i dont want to go and leave the posh life i am living here.... but have to for my studies.

and nitrogen power liq, why the heck should i learn that when i can create it so easily with maya.... you are trying to open the door of an elevator using a bar instead of pressing the button:D

el-ignoramus 28-01-2003 07:23 AM

Hey Tariqrf

looked everywhere on greetings in indian and couldn't find'em, mind you I know it's not called indian ;)
so kefak enta ya habiby? mabrook bernameg el Maya 4.5.

hope you do great work with it, I've seen your first head, though it needs more work, but I wish I could do something like it :D

too bad you're returning to India, a longer distance for us to meet accidentally :D

take care, and I'm gonna post my new head :rolleyes: soon insha Allah, so prepare yourselves for something damn funny

NitroLiq 28-01-2003 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tariqrf
and nitrogen power liq, why the heck should i learn that when i can create it so easily with maya.... you are trying to open the door of an elevator using a bar instead of pressing the button:D
Because there may be a day when you don't have that button to rely on and you're going to have to think through how you would do using alternate methods.

Hidalgo 29-01-2003 12:35 AM

Very true....

In martial arts as in ALLl things: There's never just one answer to a question and there's always someone better than you.

tariqrf 29-01-2003 01:27 PM

so mohammed, where do you live????

and nitro, i was just joking...i know i will have to know about it someday.... will know it soon though... infact i did.. check out my challenge entry, you will see the water i a created using a shader..

Tolkien 29-01-2003 07:19 PM

"insha Allah" is God Willing right?

el-ignoramus 30-01-2003 08:32 AM

Hey Tariq, I'm in Egypt, too bad for MAYA, not a lot of people use it, own it, like it or even heard about it :banghead: :banghead:

And Tolkien Insha Allah is God's willing in Arabic :D

tariqrf 30-01-2003 09:40 AM

duh... i am from Saudi arabia,,,, as my location says it... insha allah i will go to india in march - april... for studies