Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SimplyMaya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   help (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16363)

pdiddy8117 17-04-2005 08:59 PM

help

how come when i go to any other veiw besides the persp veiw i cant see the dog. how can i get control vertex to look like the tutorial in his there are not as many purple dots as mine. And can some one help me with the veiw. oh yeah one more thing how can get my veiw back to normal i dont see any options on the sides or any where (move tool etc)

alienscience 17-04-2005 11:08 PM

Umm, i not sure I 100% understand your problem, but I will try. First off, for your different veiws and not being able to see them, try to press the 5 and six keys on your keyboard. While you have selected the view (ie top,side,front). If you cant find out how to view the different views just press the spacebar. It should bring up a default four view. If it dosen't just go to Panel->Saved Layouts->Four View. Then as for your next problem with the vertexes, watch how kurt does it. I think he selects his original geometry(before it is ever manipulated, like his primitives) and goes to the channel box(In the top right, by default, and is the one with the green and purple squares in it, DIRECTLY ABOVE THE TRASH CAN). (cant think of the hotkey, someone feel free to help me out) Then inside of the channel box select your inputs for the object, "MakeNurbSphere", "MakeNurbCone",etc. Then look at the options you can choose. If you follow what Kurt says about the spans and sections you should be just fine. The higher the spans and stuff, the more the vertexes.

And I think I forgot to mention how to return to a view. All you do is press spacebar again to bring up the four view and then select the type of view you want to maximize and when it is highlighted press spacebar again.

-Sorry if this is not much help, but atleast I tried. If you wait a while a mod or someone really smart will come to your rescue.

mhcannon 18-04-2005 01:00 AM

um... first off, it sound's like you really need to get a better understanding of the user interface.

Camera's and objects may be moved. If a camera is no longer pointing at the object you won't see it. Try pressing Shift+A to "frame all" in all panel views. As for the toolbar. the Move Tool, etc., select Display>UI Elements>Toolbar.

As for ensuring you have the same number vertices as in the tutorial, well, all I can say is to watch the tutorial closely. The great thing about the videos is that they can be paused and rewound at your convenience.

Still, I highly recommend that you go through some of the introductory tutorials located in the help before you go too much further.

alienscience 18-04-2005 04:43 PM

Yeah, Mchannon is a much more experienced person than me. He should be able to give real good info. ;) He knows what hes talking about.