Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   February Challenge - Speed Machne - TwistedDragon33 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35058)

twisteddragon33 04-02-2011 12:50 AM

February Challenge - Speed Machne - TwistedDragon33

I want to get back into maya and i think this might be a good challenge for me. I will have to sketch out some designs before i start modeling so might be a few days before anything is started.

I've been checking out a lot of steampunk stuff lately and might be interesting. Futuristic has a sleek/stylish look and a natural "fast" feel....

twisteddragon33 04-02-2011 02:16 PM

I think i've decided on some sort of hover bike design. I'm not sure how i am going to flesh it out yet... hopefully i have time to try out 2 or 3 quick designs to see what looks best. Maybe a little "race" scene between 2 different designs.

twisteddragon33 07-02-2011 06:16 PM

Alright after many sketches and several restarts in maya i have decided to work on a toy i used to play with often when i was little. I had designed spaceship like crafts out of legos and used to play with them all the time. One good, one evil. I used to take them apart and put them back together so often i still recall the design.

I will take some liberties with it for detail/flow sake but hopefully i can get something going soon.

twisteddragon33 07-02-2011 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finally got something up. Not much to look at as i am just fleshing out the base mesh. I hope to have the hard points fleshed out and modeled to put weapons and engines on them.

murambi 07-02-2011 09:45 PM

Hey man how you been hope all is well and welcome to the Feb challenge dont think ill be in this one though

twisteddragon33 07-02-2011 10:33 PM

I've been well but horribly busy with work. Hard to keep up with all of my responsibilities.

Jay 08-02-2011 07:37 AM

this one looks promising, look forward to more

J

bullet1968 08-02-2011 08:15 AM

good luck TD...this look good already LOL

twisteddragon33 09-02-2011 02:55 PM

I'm still not sure about this. I can make it look good but i think it would be too generic in the end. I may change the design again sadly, i just hope i have enough time.

bullet1968 09-02-2011 09:20 PM

To me it looks like a Starblazer cruiser mate....they have a nice design and LOTS of weapons...I like weapons. I think the basic concept is good mate...once you add some detail I think it will look a lot better...keep at it man.

Cheers bullet

twisteddragon33 09-02-2011 09:58 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I did a little redesign of my initial plans but it doesn't effect anything i have already made thankfully. just the final design will be a little different but i hope it gives a better sense of speed.

Luckily Wednesdays are my slow day so i should be able to get some done on this tonight. Hopefully another render tonight that isn't as crappy.

twisteddragon33 11-02-2011 03:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness an update,

I finally settled on the design. The final shape is pretty much how i want it, which is great because now i can spend my endless hours at work sketching out how i want to morph the final design. The design was driving me nuts not finding something i liked.

I of course want to add more detail. This is just the rough outline.

bullet1968 11-02-2011 04:14 AM

My goodness an update! LOL...I dig the shape man...unusual for sure....guns?

twisteddragon33 11-02-2011 04:23 AM

Of course guns! None yet but i think you will be pleased with the final version.. :)

I already tweaked some and added some. Im not sure if the intake under the vehicle will make it to the final.

I wish i wasnt so busy with work and obligations. 3 hours a week isnt enough to get anything done in maya.

Jay 11-02-2011 08:02 AM

Awsome!!!

Great shape, it looks deadly mate. I personally wouldnt put guns on it as the shape alone is working so well, Also the holes in the ends of the 'wings' are they engines too?? as you have that monster of a thruster behind the cockpit area. Perhaps fill the holes for a more aero feel.

Just some food for thought, but otherwise I dig that shape totally - good job

Jay