Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Scary Stuff!! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5510)

Alan 30-04-2003 03:45 AM

Scary Stuff!!

ok It's 4.40 am and I'm working in the uni lab alone and guess what the air conditioning starts to drip water onto the main power track that powers 22 dell kick arse graphics PC's!!! I'm gonna get electrcuted!! bloody hell! you'd think that if the uni spent so much on their machines then they mite put decent a/c units in that dont spray water all over the shop!!!

if there's no posts from me ever again sue the uni for me please!! ;)

:banana: :banana:

Alan

tariqrf 30-04-2003 08:47 AM

lol... for how much, your posts probably cost around 5 cents or something??.. joking dude,, hehe, yeah, they spend like so much on the pc's and dont care about the other stuff.. in my school, "ex-school" now, they have like compaq P4's,, and they tables so darn suck, they even shake and sometimes feel like "Its going down... its going down.... be careful".. shit!!!

Protheus 02-05-2003 05:20 PM

Is he still alive, it is now 02-05-2003.. so :S

Alan 02-05-2003 05:41 PM

lol well I am still alive they've now fixed the airconditioning (which is nice!!) although in a strange turn of events I have been feeling really under the weather and not knowing too much about it I checked out some info about SARS today and it turns out that I have had just about all of the symptoms.... :( I'm not making light of a such a horrific virus, nor the people that have lost their lives to it. But you just never know, i am actually a little concerned but I'm hoping that it's all just coincidence and just being run down from working too hard...

Alan

adldesigner 02-05-2003 05:43 PM

Coincidence mate.
You´re fine. :)

Alan 02-05-2003 05:47 PM

well lets hope so, the incubation period is 2 - 9 days so if i get worse then I'm off to the docs for a check up just to be sure.

:)
Alan

Protheus 02-05-2003 06:16 PM

Quick, get in the freezer !.. ;)

M 02-05-2003 07:59 PM

Hey pure.. just letting you know.. if you had sars you wouldnt be posting right now.. you know those symtoms? There SO bad that you cant get out of bed, let alone talk. So i really think your fine.. also you have to think of it this way... you may have sars, in a 0.5% chance.. and then theres a .01 percent chance that you will die from it.

Protheus 02-05-2003 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M
Hey pure.. just letting you know.. if you had sars you wouldnt be posting right now.. you know those symtoms? There SO bad that you cant get out of bed, let alone talk. So i really think your fine.. also you have to think of it this way... you may have sars, in a 0.5% chance.. and then theres a .01 percent chance that you will die from it.
How to scare of members in 3 steps ! (for dummies).. hahhaa....

adldesigner 02-05-2003 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Protheus
How to scare of members in 3 steps ! (for dummies).. hahhaa....
Lol I was afraid if I replied again to this thread I would catch SARS, M, you´re scaring everyone. Thankfully my mom said to me I´d die in a car accident anyway. Her voodoo witch told her that.

Alan 02-05-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Her voodoo witch told her that
well at least she knows ;) j/k!!

Yeah I know I am being melodramatic but I'd rather be safe than sorry cause it all came about really quickly. But as adl said earlier "i'm fine"

must be all this damn maya work!! bloody stuntplanes!! ;)

Protheus 02-05-2003 10:38 PM

oke, I see this post has made an interesting turn to the "Dark" side !.. :)

Alan 02-05-2003 11:20 PM

yeah but that's always fun so why not? :D come on lets here some more "dark side stories" :D

Alan

M 03-05-2003 12:14 AM

how did that scare anyone.. basically im saying... to get sars and die from it, is just as rare as... winning the lottery.

Alan 03-05-2003 12:16 AM

as Jeremy Clarkson put it today on "Have I got News For You" only people stranded in jungle clearings die from it. :D

Dont worry I'll make sure I take down a few people with me! j/k ;)