Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Materials & Textures (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Objekt moving kills uvs (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24755)

e-anima 23-01-2007 05:48 PM

Objekt moving kills uvs

hi,

i made an uv layout for my object painted a texture and made the uvs to look good/fit etc.

now i wanted to move my object. if i do that it kills my uv layout. i mean the texture is moving on the object and is distorted after i moved my object.

thx for help

NeoStrider 23-01-2007 06:17 PM

when you say 'move the object' do you mean you're trying to tweak the object, as in keep on modeling it, or are you moving it as in translating, scaling, or rotating the entire object?

if it's tweaking, it'll screw up the UVs.

if it's just translating or rotating, create a texure reference object. to learn how, search in the maya help documents for "texture reference object".

Dann 24-01-2007 10:44 AM

Yeah, texture referencing helps a lot for stuff like this. Are you using a 3D texture or some type of texture projection? That would explain your results.

e-anima 25-01-2007 05:31 AM

thank you for telling me what to look for. didnĀ“t know how to call it.

e-anima 25-01-2007 11:05 AM

read about it. created a texture object reference. but this does no work. texture is still moving when i translate.

Dann 25-01-2007 11:09 AM

Not possible if it was done right. Something wacky is happening. You gonna have to tell us more about what you tried if you want help. Also, some images of the texture "moving" would help. Maybe even post your file.

e-anima 26-01-2007 12:06 AM

i did it like the maya help says. i clicked my objekt and created a texture reference. then i translated my object and nothing changed.
my object is the tree in these scene. i upped a rar and a self extracting archive. both contain the same scene.

thank you for your help

TREE RAR
TREE SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE

Dann 26-01-2007 02:24 AM

Sorry, the file won't open. I'm still on Maya 7.

I just want to check, you're doing renders to check your texture... right? Sometimes it will look like the texture is not sticking to you model in Maya, but then when you actually do renders it looks right.

e-anima 26-01-2007 02:54 AM

its a maya 8 file. my uni seems to be rich :)
Rendering and stuff all works.
I only want to translate the tree z:5 and that results in a screwed texture with swimming effect and displacement on the model

i want to freeze the texture wto the model so that nothing can kill it.

e-anima 26-01-2007 03:06 AM

Guys i got it.

DELETE HISTORY fixes that problem.

Dann 26-01-2007 03:09 AM

Phew!!

I was wondering what the heck would make texture referencing not work. Remember, when in doubt... delete the history. Maya hates history.

Congrats!