Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Batch Rendering(Please help) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15856)

flamez 12-03-2005 07:25 PM

Batch Rendering(Please help)

Hi, i just got a new computer, its a dual opteron 2.0 ghz, with 2 gigs of ram and a NVidia FX5200 Card, it has an IWILL Motherboard and a maxtor harddrive, im using maya 6.0 and when i batch render it says
// Result: Rendering with Maya Software... //
But never goes past that. Has anyone figured out why this is happening, I need it to render out an animation for school.

Thanks,
Flamez

metallicjet66 18-03-2005 09:17 PM

in the render editor where u choose (software, hardware, mental ray) etc. did u save it in a specific spot, did u specify from what frame to what, make sure of that, and if ur still having trouble go to free tutorials and download render globals, helped me ALOT

;)

flamez 19-03-2005 04:50 AM

Yea i've done everything that im sure most of us can possibly think of, maya software, set to the project folder, frame padding 3, frames 1-100, by fram 1, name#.ext, all that good stuff, the same settings work on my brothers computer, just not mine, i got that tutorial, didnt work, it just never starts rendering, i dont know whats wrong with it, if anyone has any ideas or needs any more specifications, just let me know and i'll be more than happy to post them, i really wanna get this fixed

metallicjet66 19-03-2005 05:05 AM

if you tried that and still doesnt work, obviously something missing in ur program, re-install it, thats all i can say rite now

mhcannon 19-03-2005 05:50 AM

Someone else was having a similar problem that turned out to be conflict with the anti-virus program. Don't if yours is the same cause, but it might worth looking into.

flamez 21-03-2005 12:28 AM

I have zone alarm on my computer, that might be it, because it does ask for access when it opens, i will try to uninstall it or get rid of it, but i dunno if thats it.

Edit: No its not zone alarm, i just turned off everything, and then shut it down, and still doesnt render.

Adaron 21-03-2005 10:50 PM

I had the same problem. I fixed it by going to the Render Global Settings abd then under the common tab changing the frame padding to 3.

Hope this helps

Edit: Oops just noticed you already have it set to 3.

Note to self, must learn to read.

mhcannon 22-03-2005 12:16 AM

Okay, on more thing you might turn off temporarily is your firewall...

flamez 22-03-2005 08:08 AM

I did, i shut it off completely, turned off all of its features, so it doesnt ask for it, and it still didnt work.

dave_baer 23-03-2005 07:50 PM

Flamez, still haven't worked this out yet, eh? Imma go point our really geeky techie guys to this one and see what they can come up with.

Have u tried switching out the vid cards yet?

NitroLiq 24-03-2005 03:17 AM

Stupid question but have you dbl-checked that any of your cameras are ticked on as "renderable" (in the att editor)?

flamez 24-03-2005 05:41 AM

Yes, switched out graphics cards, and didnt work, and yes they're renderable, and it didnt work. Anyone else got any ideas?

Alan 24-03-2005 09:24 AM

is it only when you batch render? or can you render interactively? Also try a batch render from the command line rather than from within maya. Is this on every scene you try to render?

Alan

flamez 24-03-2005 05:29 PM

Its only when i batch render, i can do the single renders fine, yes it is for every scene. How do i batch render from the command line?

Alan 24-03-2005 05:45 PM

open a dos prompt and type render ;) you will have to look at the settings help and the online help to get all the arguments right (or set them in the render globals)

Alan