Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   maya lagging (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35028)

omegaend 29-01-2011 09:07 AM

maya lagging

Hi greetings i facing a problem which is while i am modeling or texturing in maya software
at the meantime the maya keeping lagging i wonder what was happened
pls guide me tq:nerd:

bullet1968 29-01-2011 10:57 AM

In waht way is it lagging mate??? as you model or as you view and turn the model around?

omegaend 01-02-2011 07:30 AM

all,:playfull: when i click face i want to select few faces it will like stop fews sec then proceed as well as when i turning the model

gster123 01-02-2011 07:58 AM

If your model was fine and has slowley started to lag your model might have build up quite a history when modelling, this can cause maya to lag as it is processing all this in the background.

To delete the history select the model and go to Edit -> Delete by Type -> History.

This clears the history and should speed Maya up.

omegaend 01-02-2011 10:21 AM

hi gster123 thank you for u advice.. i appreciate besides this matter do u have another way to make it more smooth??

Gen 04-02-2011 08:49 PM

Another thing that can bog down the modeling panels is smooth preview being used on a lot of objects.

Also if your scene is getting complex and you don't feel like making display layers for everything then you can use this script I made. It works on components as well as objects. You can put it on a shelf or make a hotkey or whatever. I went the hotkey route.

//----------------------------------------------

{

//--get panel that has focus.
string $currentPanel = `getPanel -wf`;

//--if none available, get panel under mouse pointer.
if ($currentPanel == "")
$currentPanel = `getPanel -up`;

//--make sure panel is a modeling panel.
string $panelType = `getPanel -to $currentPanel`;

//--if so, carry on.
if ($panelType == "modelPanel"){

//--query if isolation is active.
int $isolateCheck = `isolateSelect -q -state $currentPanel`;

//--if its on, turn it off pweez :3.
if ($isolateCheck == 1){
isolateSelect -state 0 $currentPanel;
//--if not, turn it on.
}else{
enableIsolateSelect $currentPanel 1;
isoSelectAutoAddNewObjs $currentPanel 1;
isolateSelect -state 1 $currentPanel;
isolateSelect -update $currentPanel;
}
}

}

//--------------------------------------------------------------

omegaend 05-02-2011 03:50 AM

hi gect im less know abt mel can u help me perhaps step by step abt the scripts u gv me.. tq in billion gect

Gen 05-02-2011 09:02 PM

Maybe I should have made myself clearer. The script hides/unhides everything that you do not have selected.

Copy the script into Maya's Script Editor, highlight it and middle mouse drag it to a shelf or get into the Hotkey Editor and make a new hotkey and paste the script there, if you don't know how to make a custom hotkey --->http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya...umber=d0e92970

bullet1968 06-02-2011 01:21 AM

Ok mate...you seem a little confused? first off what OS are you running and what are your system specs...Maya uses a fair bit of resources when the geo gets complex...so post your specs as well.
As Genny has pointed out delete the history and use the script she posted to hide things that dont need to be there. Also if you group the model correctly or put them in their respective layers you can hide them through the outliner...by selecting the un needed parts in outliner and using 'ctrl h'...this will hide what you dont need to see.

Also how dense have you made the model...mesh wise. If you have smoothed the model too much Maya will take time to calculate all of these points...

Here is s trick (thanks to LOZ) that also might help....got to Display>Heads Up Display>Frame Rate...and tick it...this will display the frame rate the PC is using while you model on the bottom right of screen.

Then in the viewport go Shading>Interactive Shading and click on the options box..then make sure the 'Interactive Shading Mode' is set to bounding box...then hit close. Then again go Shading and just click on Interactive shading to turn it on. Now when you pan/tumble the model should revert back to a wireframe and low poly..this will take less resources...when you stop moving it will turn into the high poly and textures...try that.

Cheers bullet

omegaend 09-02-2011 01:11 PM

hi bullet 1968 soli for late reply
my spec is core i5 , 4gb ram, 1gb ati graphic card
my polygon only have 18k, render setting is in default mode, i using preview smooth mode which i just press "5" i delete all type of history ald i din hide any part of my model, i have 4 layer which is img plane, car body and car mirror and car tire.i using low res texture to put on my car as a result in rendering it just like freezing the time couldnt render at all need to restart maya.

thanks for you guide i would like to try where is the viewport?

bullet1968 10-02-2011 05:08 AM

Hmmmmmm....'5' is not smooth preview...have you re assigned hotkeys? Smooth preview is '3' on the number keypad...not the normal numbers on keyboard. Well your system has plenty of power...have you played with the render settings??

omegaend 10-02-2011 11:18 AM

haha soli my bad i means "3" the rental setting i put it on default setting only for the preset i make hd720

bullet1968 10-02-2011 11:26 AM

send me your model mate...and I will have a look at it ok??

cheers bullet

omegaend 10-02-2011 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok here is my car in texture testing progress:D

bullet1968 10-02-2011 11:34 PM

Well it doesnt look too bad??? send me your saved .mb file if you can? I cant see the problems LOL I need to open it