Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Thor Trailer (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34760)

Jay 12-12-2010 03:02 PM

Thor Trailer

Looks like fun - I guess we'll see in May - gotta be worth a watch for Ms Portman alone. LOL

YouTube - Thor Trailer (OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER)
cheers
Jay

Mayaniac 12-12-2010 03:36 PM

Looks like whoever uploaded the original video doesn't want it embedding.

Does look like it could be fun. Not too sure though.

G-Man 12-12-2010 04:20 PM

I wonder what i'd have to do to be someone's lip double in the next movie where MRs Portman shares a kiss...

Looks like a descent movie. they are getting better at comic adaptations as time progresses, or so it seems to me.

G-man

BrianM 12-12-2010 06:37 PM

I like how a lot of good movies based on graphic novels have been released recently. Watched "The Losers" yesterday and it was great I thought, also liked "Red" and Frank Moses very cool stuff. The more the merrier here:D

ctbram 12-12-2010 06:44 PM

The trailer looks good Jay. It is definitely on my list.

David 12-12-2010 09:18 PM

replaced with a version that embeds. Looks like it will be a fun movie

bullet1968 13-12-2010 12:50 AM

Dunno,

didnt look to good to me.....looks like a wait to DVD for me. We shall see the reviews.

cheers bullet

Jay 13-12-2010 09:59 AM

Harsh Bullet Harsh LOL

bullet1968 13-12-2010 10:30 AM

Yeh Jay maybe mate...LOL but there are so many movies around..all with the 3D tag...a lot of them are Comic to screen adaptations etc etc...you have to admit the formula is getting thin. It looks all flash on the trailer...but will it run the distance?? I will await the reviews, LOL, before I splurge the insane prices here to see it mate. If it is anything like The 300 was then yes it will be worth it....dont get me wrong Im not knocking the people who work hard on it mate....but sometimes drinking Champagne and eating caviar could get a tad tedious?

You have to admit that we have had Horror, Aliens, Plagues (yes horror I suppose) Armageddon, and Marvel comics being flogged. To me its like a good song you hear on the radio, they flog the song/theme to death to the point when a good one does come out you arent interested...just my scope on it mate...tell me if its any good in one word my friend...LOL.

cheers bullet

tweetytunes 13-12-2010 12:09 PM

But don`t forget "Walking Dead" was also a comic and has produced the best TV show in a bloody long time.....

3d films normally can go to hell (apart from Mr Cameron and that's because he knows what he is doing and not just trying to just cash in) but this is a marvel film and this is a step towards Avenges. Was not sure about Anthony Hopkins being in it (even being welsh made me think he was a little strange choice), but his part in the trailer held its own. Think its got alot of work to get fan boys into this over Green Lantern which has a very similar trailer.

bullet1968 13-12-2010 12:29 PM

Well I have never heard of it tweety?? "Walking Dead?"
Thor and Green lantern are my faves amongst many...but that was a long time ago, havent had a comic book for bloody years.

Yeh I agree with the 3D thing..EVERY man and his dog are on it.

I could be wrong but hey...we will see tweety LOL

cheers bullet

G-Man 13-12-2010 07:05 PM

On the 3d thing, i don't really think its a novelty any longer. i have the feeling that in the next few years, 3d will become the standard. Take a look at the entertainment market, Sony, Samsung, Phillips, all three ( maybe the rest too i dunno) have tv's that will project any video in 3d now if the user chooses to have it so. Nvidia, now sells a 3d kit for all of their cards that come out after the 200 series was released. Movie theaters are all starting to show more 3d movies then 3d when possible. 2d is basically going out like black and white did.

@Tweety, #1 i was totally surprised at how well the did the zombiepocalypse for tv, and #2 i was totally pissed that it was only a 6 episode season!!!!...

Suppose that all i have now to look foward to on TV is Season 2 of V

Dango77 13-12-2010 07:12 PM

Looks good to me but I'm a huge Marvel fan so would say that! lol

As for the thing I hear a lot of, the whole "making graphic novel/comics into films, hasn't that been overdone a bit?" (not directed at you Bullet, I've heard that a lot everywhere lately) well, good graphic novels are good story's, you dont really hear people saying "making books into films, that's been done loads before..."
I say, if its a good story, go ahead, I want to see it, who cares if it's been done loads of times before, it's good to see another persons take on it.
Not really into the whole 3d thing, not really interested, it's the story that comes first, and visuals look better in 2d to me anyway. On a more comical note, I had thought, I wonder if when colour tv came in this kind of divide happened, "ah, colour, its just a fad, it'll never last..." LOL!
There aren't that many new genres of story to do either, new ones that have cropped up in past years, like ZomRomComs etc are welcome when they are done well, but there are probably more new sub-genres that shouldn't be tried than should....
But then I'm a big fan of graphic novels, sci-fi and horror films, and all things Zombie! So I say make as many as you can, for as long as you can, I'll even watch the crap ones and enjoy them a little bit too.

Tweety, I'm with you on the "road to the Avengers", has the potential to be the best comic adaptation ever, lets hope that happens!
And the Walking dead is excellent, more programming like that is very much needed!

Chirone 13-12-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet1968 (Post 311372)
Dunno,

didnt look to good to me.....looks like a wait to DVD for me. We shall see the reviews.

cheers bullet

reviews are almost always poo. it will receive bad reviews like every other movie because generally movies these days dont seem to be allowed to be good...
a reviewer is likely to go in with an already made up mind. I hardly ever hear about people who go in to a movie expecting it to be crap and then coming out thinking it was totally awesome...

Mayaniac 14-12-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirone (Post 311407)
I hardly ever hear about people who go in to a movie expecting it to be crap and then coming out thinking it was totally awesome...

hmm,

I always thought it was the opposite, if you're not expecting much from a movie but turns out to be half way decent, then you're more likely think it was really good, as it shot way above your expectations. Same applies for a movie you thought was going to be amazing, but only turns out to be good, it'll strike too low and you'll think it was crap.... or at least not very good.