Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   July/August challenge? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24312)

arran 21-12-2006 02:13 PM

July/August challenge?

I was just wondering if the mods at simply maya were ever planning to announce a winner for the July/August challenge?

It's just that I have noticed Dave post on the site a couple of times and I feel like a lot of effort was put into the challenge by all who entered and it's kind of frustrating not having a result.

I can understand if it is no longer financially feasible to offer the original prize anymore, but maybe a substitute prize could be suggested instead, such as some simply maya points, or better yet, that each of the contestants be offered their choice of simply maya video, as a gesture of goodwill.

Apologies if this sounds like I am complaining - I'm not. I think all of the mods do a top job keeping this site up and running.

tweetytunes 21-12-2006 05:45 PM

:headbang:
its how we are all feeling about this topic now.......

happymat27 22-12-2006 02:29 PM

I concur!

papalatistudios 26-12-2006 04:52 PM

Did Mike say that he would have a winner chosen by the end of next week or was that just for the other challenge.

tweetytunes 26-12-2006 08:29 PM

not heared anything about this one for weeks.

mikes already piked the last one and has moved on to the next...

papalatistudios 10-01-2007 10:16 PM

Hey Mike dont you think that we have been more than patient about the results of this contest.

Or are you worried that if someone is named as the winner that they are going to demand the prize?

Or is Dave, saying "Mike, don't say anything"?

Just curious, cause I have decided not to enter anymore contest till we have come to some sort of resolution on
this.

Thanks.

happymat27 11-01-2007 12:17 AM

It would be nice to be able to put this one to bed,

It really feels as though this competition and it's entries have been forgotten about, we all spent a great deal of time and effort on our entries and I feel that it's a little insulting that we should be treated this way.

I must admit that I keep on forgetting about this competition, but when I'm reminded about it I get a little annoyed. I don't believe that my time has been wasted as I learnt a great deal when I made my entry and I'm proud of the end result but we're one third of a year past the competition close date with no results and it's just not cricket.

How much longer is this going to go on?

Cheers,

Mat.

mtmckinley 11-01-2007 12:23 AM

If you truly want a winner chosen, I can do that, but there would not be a prize awarded. Is that fine?

happymat27 11-01-2007 01:06 AM

Hey there Mike,

I would be cool with that but obviously I can't speak for the rest of the entrants.

I'm very unclear as to why it's taken so long for this competition to be judged and to be honest have lost any notion that a prize would ever be awarded so a little closure would be nice.

Cheers,

Mat.

tweetytunes 11-01-2007 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by
papalatistudios

I have decided not to enter anymore contest till we have come to some sort of resolution on this.

this is a shame :hug:

Quote:

Originally posted by happymat27
I'm very unclear as to why it's taken so long for this competition to be judged and to be honest have lost any notion that a prize would ever be awarded so a little closure would be nice.
Maybe that could be the prize - an apologie and a expernation of what the hell happened

(and not from mike - as that dude has done enuff :beer: )

papalatistudios 11-01-2007 06:30 AM

The winner will of course feel incredibly let down, but not by you Mike, by Dave. Since Dave was the one that agreed to the prizes, Dave is to blame here, not you Mike.

I think by stepping up and taking the responsibility of Dave's actions into your own hands, gives you higher regard than ever before.

I think that you will give a lot of strength to the group (the users who compete consistently) if we can all come together and resolve this.

Dave has been the one to let everyone down, and still does not have the cajones to step up and be a man about it.

So I propose a poll. Popular vote can decide the outcome if you would like to avoid any problems.

Let the community decide.

Vive la republic!

tweetytunes 11-01-2007 06:57 AM

I think that is the fairest way to do this now.

power to the people

arran 11-01-2007 10:09 AM

For me, I just wanted some sort of closure on this. As others have said, I got a lot out of just taking part in the contest, but then for everyone to post up their entries and not have any response, really leaves you feeling up in the air.

I also want to say that I when I first posted this, it was not directed at Mike, who I feel has gone beyond the call of duty to keep things up and running - it was directed at whoever put up the prizes in the first place.

For me now it's not really about the prize or whoever won..it's just about getting some kind of response.

I think that having a vote would be cool and if that gives us some kind of closure (god, i hate that word!), then that would be great.

cgrein 11-01-2007 01:30 PM

If you decide to choose a winner for the July/August challenge, please don't forget to include my entry in the poll. It's the only one in the SimplyLW forum...

cgrein

papalatistudios 15-01-2007 12:20 AM

Mike,

I think it is an unanimous vote on needing a decision made.

So, I suppose a poll creation should be in order?