Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Video Creation and Editing. (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6952)

drknow 16-07-2003 11:16 PM

Video Creation and Editing.

Does anybody know of a good video creation program??? I need one that has a lot of cool features.....Such as fade in......picture moving, and so on. I need one really bad(not for a reel of course:))...I just cant find a good one. I want it to have stand-alone effects also like text and watermarks, but those arent must-haves. Please help me out here.

wchamlet 17-07-2003 02:16 AM

Final Cut Pro is pretty good. Final Cut express should be good too, but it's only for DV files. If you have an output card(analog) that would be fine. iMovie is pretty good too, for a free program. It's got fades in and out, numerous effects, 2 audio tracks, and comes with a bunch of little things that make it a great program to edit in.

On the PC side though, I'm not real sure. I think Avid is coming out with a free DV editing solution, so check there.

Kurt 17-07-2003 02:22 AM

Shake is good learned it while i was in school.....

drknow 17-07-2003 03:31 AM

well, I would prefer something for pc considering I dont have a mac....

adldesigner 17-07-2003 05:13 AM

Try to learn Adobe´s AfterEffects and Premiere packages.
They should bail you out on all your video needs.

If we are speaking pc language off course. ;)

drknow 17-07-2003 05:45 AM

Hmmmmm...............Is that expensive......If so, how much and how good is it???

adldesigner 17-07-2003 05:52 AM

Dude .. go to Adobe´s site!
Can´t do everything for you!

Need me to feed you too? :p

slickrenderer 17-07-2003 08:56 AM

Adobe stuff will be good enough. Specially Premier Pro ;-)

:p

Nem 17-07-2003 01:33 PM

combustion :)

Renderizer 18-07-2003 04:52 AM

I think neither Combustion or Shake are actually editing apps...

You can wait for Premiere Pro (WIndows XP only!) - looks promising...

My favourite is Vegas Video, even though it doesn't support DivX import (but it's possible to render in whatever format you want).

It also comes bundled with one of the best MPEG (1+2) encoders (MainConcept).

Take a look here.

There is also a special version with a pretty nifty DVD authoring module included (a bit on the pricey side, though).

It's called Vages+DVD.

Over and out... :D

Renderizer

Nem 18-07-2003 12:02 PM

well no combustion isnt an editing program, but i thought id mention it anyway seeing as someone mentionned a compositing program ;)

drknow 18-07-2003 03:19 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone......I am currently exploring my options.

Alan 18-07-2003 03:28 PM

shake can do non linear editing but it's a bit of a pain in the arse. Premier is pretty much the easiest (but not the cheapest solution)