Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What Inspired You To Learn 3d Anim? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2641)

AbsolutelyWhite 12-12-2002 03:28 PM

What Inspired You To Learn 3d Anim?

Well, i really liked...Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (Square Pictures, don't forget)
The Monsters Inc.
and other 3d anim movies..so i also kinda liked creating new things in 3d..

What inspired YOU to learn 3d??

Kevin 12-12-2002 03:31 PM

Craig Daughtrey

BulletProof 12-12-2002 03:45 PM

Inspire

A Chrome Ball...over a Chess-Plate...created on a Amiga 500 (8 MHz), 512KByte RAM

Very inspiring

b u l l e t

mtmckinley 12-12-2002 04:17 PM

I was all set to be a comic book penciller until I saw Jurrasic Park. :D That changed everything.

kal 12-12-2002 06:08 PM

Star Wars!! After seeing the Star Destroyer looming over the screen in the opening shot of "a new hope" my mind was made up instantly, though to this day I've never modelled a space ship. took me another 5 years to actually buy my first computer though (which was a sinclair zx80 :D - proudest moment ever) *decides to shut up before going on a speccy reminiscence rant *

Kurt 12-12-2002 06:10 PM

Was an artist from the get go, wasnt making enough money at painting and comics so went into 3d.

iron_tick 12-12-2002 06:20 PM

inspired???....3d is everything LOL.. always is..always was... not LOL. but seriously, i started off as a concept artist then migrated to 3dstudio.

kbrown 12-12-2002 06:36 PM

I've been interested in the field as long as I can remember. But what got me going instead of just saying "wow, that's impossible" was when I saw few 3d pics at school made by some architect student. It looked so realistic and I somehow felt that if those dilberts can do it, why couldn't I? Ever since (1995 I believe) I've been playing with 3D gfx...

doodle 12-12-2002 06:47 PM

Tom & Jerry, Loony Toons and The Simpsons got me into animation, T2:JD & Toy Story made to want to do 3d animation and s/vfx

.:morpher:. 12-12-2002 07:55 PM

same as BulletProof :D
the ball was a must do on the Amiga:D

dannyngan 12-12-2002 07:57 PM

Loony Toons got me interested in animation. Luxo Jr showed me what was possible with good 3D animation. Tron was the kicker for computer graphics in general.

AlphaJoe 19-12-2002 08:46 PM

Tron and Last Starfighter

Both Tron and The Last Starfighter were the ones for me. Both of which I went and saw at the theater. Also, computer games in general. Looking at the dates people are referencing in their posts, I feel like such an old man :D I remember going to the local Ben Franklins and playing Pong for 10 cents. Then came the illustrious Space Invaders, after which I was hooked, even with the hefty 25 cent price tag for playing :).

wolf1306 19-12-2002 10:39 PM

:)

well the only thing that made me like 3d was that no one in my country has ever worked in 3d and especialy maya so it's been 3 years now and i know 3d and no one ever helped me at all , i learned everything alone and through the net and even though i have no money but i put the learning in my head and did it and i like it alot but of course i still need alot of times and times in 3d

tariqrf 20-12-2002 01:13 PM

the sheer power of creativity..... well, no and yes... i used to see arse-kicking animations of tech tv's eye drops... damn!!! that show introduced me to maya and 3d...

TychoCelchuuu 20-12-2002 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kal
Star Wars!! After seeing the Star Destroyer looming over the screen in the opening shot of "a new hope" my mind was made up instantly, though to this day I've never modelled a space ship. took me another 5 years to actually buy my first computer though (which was a sinclair zx80 :D - proudest moment ever) *decides to shut up before going on a speccy reminiscence rant *
You know it was a model, right?