Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   representation problems (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28602)

moritz 30-12-2007 07:39 PM

representation problems

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I am new in this forum and just about to learn maya.

I have some fundamental problems concerning representation on my screen. I attached a screen shot to explain:

1. the curser is unusal small, how can I see it bigger?

2. the curser in the left down field is not parallel to the x,y,z axis but slightly inclined. It has always been like that since I installed maya.

3. it seems to me that my graphic card is not working properly. When I try to change the proportion of the 4 different fields (windows), this awkward white lines appear until I release my finger from the mouse.

I was thinking that some of the problems could have to do with my hardware and my operation system, I am using:

windows vista home professional, 32 bit
maya 2008
and:
2 GB Ram,
2x Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 @1,80 GHz
nvidia Geforce 8400 gs

So please, any recomendation would help me.

30-12-2007 07:55 PM

Re: representation problems

Quote:

Originally posted by moritz
1. the curser is unusal small, how can I see it bigger?

2. the curser in the left down field is not parallel to the x,y,z axis but slightly inclined. It has always been like that since I installed maya.

3. it seems to me that my graphic card is not working properly. When I try to change the proportion of the 4 different fields (windows), this awkward white lines appear until I release my finger from the mouse.

I was thinking that some of the problems could have to do with my hardware and my operation system, I am using:

windows vista home professional, 32 bit
maya 2008
and:
2 GB Ram,
2x Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 @1,80 GHz
nvidia Geforce 8400 gs

So please, any recomendation would help me.

1. Hit the +/- keys to make the manipulator tools bigger/smaller

2. Never seen this before, could be a video card problem

3. Try updating your video card drivers maybe

Welcome to the SM community

arran 30-12-2007 08:19 PM

yeah - sounds like an video card issue - check autodesks site to see if your card is qualified.

gster123 30-12-2007 09:46 PM

The Gforces are not qualified.

theres a thread on those cards over at CG talk that might be of use to you, its in the maya forum, you might have to do a search to get to it.

Kratch 30-12-2007 11:16 PM

2: Could your move tool be set to object orientation rather then world?

3: As has been said, It is likely a video card issue, possibly aggrivated by using Vista

moritz 31-12-2007 03:29 PM

Thanks to all of you.
As you said Kratch, my move tool was not oriented to world. So I could easily solve that problem.
Yes, maybe I should get a better video card as time pases by and I use more fequently the program.
I was also thinking that there must be a reason why maya 2008 is recommended for Windows Vista Business, so possibly not everything is working so fine on my machine, using Windows Vista Home Professional.