Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Critique my anatomy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19740)

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 08:24 AM

Critique my anatomy

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not done with the body or anything, but while I continue on, I'd appreciate some critiques. I can't seem to get my abs looking right, it seems kind of wierd. The chest i hadn't really done much to yet, but the thing I'd really like help on at the moment is how the abs join work or end blah blah blah, and for the back, I don't really understand the back muscles all so much right now so I've been putting it off for until i can get the front right.
Anyhow, any critiques would be nice, don't hold back.

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

SpaceGoat 07-01-2006 08:46 AM

hey lookin interesting and good to see ya studying the human form. First off the bat i'd have to say that the legs are too short...the rule goes that the body is split in half at the pelvis so then the legs need to be slightly longer.

Is this meant to be a more cartoonish type character btw?

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well it's not meant to be cartoonish or life like. Life like is a plus, but I'mjust basically trying to understand the whole human body and doing it step by step. But my end goal is to model a ninja turtle :)

I know i dont need to model the torso for that, but I thought I'd do it anyway for the practice and maybe use it again for another character later on. I do think the legs are a bit short too actually, but I think it's just the dude that I'm using has short legs. lol I'll upload the picture for you....I gave him teeny weeny yellow poka dot bikini for viewing pleasure and censorship. :)

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

SpaceGoat 07-01-2006 09:04 AM

lol that cool :) ok just looked at it closer and yeah the guy has short legs :p but just bring the calf muscles down a bit, add feet and he'll look decent ;)

SpaceGoat 07-01-2006 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pic

Anhslaught 07-01-2006 09:09 AM

Oh there you go, I'll fix that soon. Maybe the other picture's camera angle was looking down more. That might have distorted the proportion huh? Anyhow I'll fix that. Thanks :)

arran 10-01-2006 08:58 PM

It looks really good, though your legs look a little bit twisted. At first I thought it was the lower legs, but it may just be the knees pointing outward too much. Not sure - the photo is a little awkward in places.

Anhslaught 24-01-2006 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by arran
It looks really good, though your legs look a little bit twisted. At first I thought it was the lower legs, but it may just be the knees pointing outward too much. Not sure - the photo is a little awkward in places.

Yeah you're right the legs do look twisted. I thought the same thing, so I'll fix it eventually.

Anyhow I hadn't had time to work on my model lately, been busy with work. :(
Here's an update, I did some work on the torso, and the back. The rest are still the same, ill be working on the arm next eventually if nothing comes up. Then ill start detailing the legs. Then the neck blah blah blah. Ill see.

Anhslaught 24-01-2006 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On the back side, I had a hard time figuring out how the teres minor and major work and how it wraps around to the side and front, so I kind of guesed it. I looked at some picture references for that part, but still couldn't figure out how it wraps and if it goes underneath the arm pit or not.

Anyhow heres the front side, whatever suggestions would be nice.

I didn't include the legs in the picture coz well I didn't do anything else to it yet. I will take the critiques in consideration when i get there. :)

Anhslaught 24-01-2006 08:38 AM

Oh yeah and another thing. The rear deltoids are a bit confusing to me also. Does it connect to underneath the arm pits too? Or does it just hang on the back? I can only find side pictures with the arms down.

Anhslaught 24-01-2006 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wireframe. I understand it needs alot of work:p